"We just wrapped our yearly Anime Awards with 'Jujutsu Kaisen' taking home the night's top honors and with nearly 15 million votes cast from fans all around the world," says John Leonhardt, consumer products head, Crunchyroll. "Anime's global popularity is showing no signs of slowing down and our latest roundup of deals demonstrates that there is an anime for every fan - from the adorable 'Bananya,' to 'The Junji Ito Collection' of spooky stories or the high-energy sports series 'Haikyu!!' to the Shonen-Jump hit series 'Dr. Stone,' to name a few."
Crunchyroll's latest round of international and domestic licensing partnerships include the following titles:
- "Bananya" was recently granted to Buffalo Games for puzzles and Japanime games for board games;
- "Black Clover" was recently signed to Japanime Games for board games, Trademark Products for apparel,
- "Burn the Witch," the latest anime from the "Bleach" universe, was recently granted to Kitsune Statue for figures and statues;
- "Cardcaptor Sakura" was signed by Fukuya for plush;
- "Dr. Stone," the shonen science series based on the manga of the same name, was signed by Youtooz for figurines;
- "Haikyu!!" was granted to Trademark Products for apparel;
- "Jujutsu Kaisen" was recently granted to Trends International for posters and Zumiez for skateboards and accessories. In Europe, the official French manga publisher will produce school diaries;
- "Mobile Suit Gundam" was granted to Loot Crate for the Mobile Suit Gundam Loot boxes;
- The "Princess Connect Re:Dive" was recently launched as the most recent title from Crunchyroll Games and was granted to Ripple Junction for apparel;
- "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime," was offered to Trademark Products for apparel and Youtooz for figurines;
- "The God of High School" was granted to GB eye for beverage, housewares and home decor, to Great Eastern Entertainment for apparel and accessories and Youtooz for figurines;
- "The Junji Ito Collection" was recently granted to Pyramid International for stationery and home decor. Junji Ito's designs were also given to Ripple Junction for apparel, specifically for the Crunchyroll Loves collection featuring Junji Ito and the punk band The Misfits; and
- "Tower of God," the dark fantasy Crunchyroll Original series based on the Webtoon title of the same name, was granted to Great Eastern Entertainment for apparel and accessories.
Crunchyroll's European office has secured key deals with partnerships including "Captain Tsubasa," "My Hero Academia," "One Punch Man," "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" and "Great Teacher Onizuka," among others.
"Crunchyroll has been the world's best home for anime for more than a decade and represents titles that can drive success to your category," says Wall Oueslati, director, acquisitions and licensing EMEA, Crunchyroll. "We deliver strong merchandising programs for key IP in the year ahead."
European specific deals as also been closed for
- "Captain Tsubasa" is partnering up with Rhinoshield for phone accessories, Barrado Toys for plushies for France and Spain and with Funko for Pop! figures;
- "My Hero Academia" will extend current products range with Studio JG for stationery and accessories in Poland, Barrado Toys for plushies for France and Spain, Jacob Company for back to school accessories, Rhinoshield for phone accessories and Aymax for homeware for Benelux;
- "One Punch Man" was recently granted to Indiego Distribution for apparel in the U.K.;
- "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" is now in partnership with Bioworld for apparel; and
- "Great Teacher Onizuka" is currently in collaboration with Abysse for gift and collectibles.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.