Tom Brady continued his dominance on the retail charts by ranking No. 1 on the NFLPA’s Top 50 Player Sales list.
The first list of the 2019-20 season is based on total sales of officially licensed NFL player products. This year’s list includes familiar names including Odell Beckman Jr. and Aaron Rodgers. The Top 10 players include:
- Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots;
- Odell Beckham Jr., WR, Cleveland Browns;
- Khalil Mack, LB, Chicago Bears;
- Sam Darnold, QB, New York Jets;
- Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns;
- Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Kansas City Chiefs;
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers;
- Antonio Brown, WR, Oakland Raiders;
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys and
- Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants.
Newcomers into the Top 10 this year include Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. Darnold climbed from No. 40 last year into the Top 5 for 2019-2020. Mayfield, meanwhile, uncovered success off the gridiron by jumping 21 spots.
The pre-season rankings take NFL player-branded merchandise sold from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 75 NFLPA licensees. NFLPA licensed product categories covered this year include video games; trading cards; men’s, women’s and youth game jerseys; t-shirts and hoodies, backpacks, wall decals, pennants, collectible figurines, matted and framed photos, bobbleheads, plush, drinkware and pet products.