For Bare Feet and NFLPA have teamed up to create products for a virtual charity auction.
NFL players representing each of the 32 teams will design custom, limited-edition pairs of socks as part of the “32 Teams, 32 Socks, All For Charity” virtual auction. All proceeds from the virtual auction will benefit charities selected by each player. The initiative stems from the licensing relationship between For Bare Feet and the NFLPA, which was established via the NFLPA’s licensing and marketing arm NFL Players Inc.
“We’re thrilled to build on our long-standing relationship with the NFLPA to execute this initiative for charity,” says Kelly Baugh, chief executive officer, For Bare Feet. “As a company deeply rooted in giving back, we recognize the tremendous value of the work these NFL players are doing on and off the field. We are honored to collaborate with the players and the NFLPA to help positively impact charities.”
Once players joined the campaign through the NFLPA, each pair of socks was individually designed in collaboration with the player, their charity and For Bare Feet design team.
The For Bare Feet socks designed by the players will be released in groups on a weekly basis for live bidding at auction.forbarefeet.com until Dec. 11. Winning bids will be announced within 24 hours of the closing bid.
Examples of the player socks up for auction and the organizations that will benefit include:
- Kelvin Beachum – World Vision and its mission to help children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice;
- Oren Burks – House of Hope helping women and children experiencing homelessness;
- Jared Goff – Partnering with the Inglewood Public School System to support students;
- Reid Ferguson – Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, which funds type 1 diabetes research;
- Austin Hooper – The Austin Hooper Foundation, which helps foster care children with an emphasis on those aging out of the system;
- Jonathan Ledbetter – The Conscious Kid dedicated to equity and promoting healthy racial identity development in youth;
- Golden Tate – The Golden Future Foundation, which provides resources to veterans who have served and sacrificed;
- Ito Smith – Huntington’s Disease Society of America dedicated to improving the lives of everyone affected by the disease; and
- Darian Thompson – The Alzheimer’s Association, which provides care and support and accelerates research.
“As athletes, we have a responsibility to help others in any way we can,” says Kelvin Beachum, offensive lineman, Arizona Cardinals. “Thanks to our partners at For Bare Feet and the NFLPA, I’m proud to join other NFL players in creating exclusive custom pairs of socks for the #32Teams32Socks All for Charity virtual auction, with all proceeds benefitting causes we care about.”