April 6, 2018
Dak Prescott claims this quarter’s top sales, ahead of teammate Ezekiel Elliott and the Patriots’ Tom Brady.
The list, which is released quarterly, is based on total sales of all officially licensed NFL player merchandise, tracking year-to-date results from March 1, 2017 through Aug. 31, 2017.
This quarter’s No. 1 top-selling player was only poised to begin his second season in the league at the time the sales results for the list were recorded. Upon starting his career last season, Prescott made his debut on the list at No. 8 on the third quarter list for February 2017. He also finished last season at No. 2, behind teammate Ezekiel Elliott.
Prescott was joined by Cowboys teammate Elliott at No. 2. Other players in the top five include Tom Brady (New England Patriots) at No. 3 and Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks) at No. 4 and Odell Beckham Jr. (New York Giants) at No.
Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers), Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers), Derek Carr (Oakland Raiders), Marshawn Lynch (Oakland Raiders) and Carson Wentz (Philadelphia Eagles) round out the top 10.
Other highlights from the list include:
- The Seahawks was the most-represented team on the NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List with five players.
- Three teams had at least four players make the list (Cowboys, Steelers and Raiders), while four teams each had three players (Patriots, Packers, Houston Texans and Carolina Panthers).
- Quarterbacks led the list of position players, with 17 ranking inside the top 50. Wide receivers accounted for 15 spots, while running backs took up seven and tight ends earned three. Eight defensive players also topped the list.
- Prescott sold the most 500 Level t-shirts during the quarter. He was also the top-seller from Cowboys merchandising apparel.
- Prescott, Elliott, Brady, Beckham and Carr sold the most player socks from FBF Originals.
- Brady, Beckham, Brown, Carr and Lynch sold the most Nike jerseys and t-shirts.
- Brady, Wilson, Beckham, Brown and Ben Roethlisberger sold the most children’s jerseys from Outerstuff.
- Wilson sold the most pet jerseys and accessories from Pets First.
- Wentz led sales in bracelets, keychains and lanyards from Aminco International.
- Rob Gronkowski (University of Arizona) sold the most collegiate co-brand posters, greeting cards and invitations from Team Spirit Store.
- Brady sold the most figures from Funko.
- Von Miller (Texas A&M University), Ben Roethlisberger (Miami University of Ohio) and Philip Rivers (North Carolina State University) sold the most collegiate jerseys by Adidas.
- Rodgers, Prescott, Elliott and Bryant sold the most framed items from Highland Mint.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.