April 6, 2018
The new licensees will expand the sports organization’s merchandise offering to new channels of distribution, including the specialty retail market.
“We’re thrilled to partner with these 15 outstanding brands, which will go a long way toward bolstering our presence and visibility in the market,” says Maribeth Towers, senior vice president, consumer products, Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing. “This gives us the opportunity to super serve our core fans and offer a broader range of products than ever before.”
New partners are:
- Junk Food Clothing for knit tops, tees and fleece;
- The Antigua Group will manufacture men's, women's and children's lifestyle apparel, in addition to headwear, outerwear and luggage for soccer specialty, club retailers, sporting goods stores, all department stores, e-commerce and fan shops;
- Concepts Sport will create MLS-branded sleepwear and undergarments;
- Homage for tees, fleeces, scarves and knit hats;
- All Star Dogs will licensed pet products;
- Fabric Traditions for MLS logos;
- Bleacher Creatures for plush figures that turn renowned athletes into characters as well as novelties ranging from backpack clips to wigs, capes, ornaments and more;
- Futbol Artist Network for soccer-only art;
- Cirrus Fitness;
- Victory Tailgate for custom cornhole games in the U.S.;
- Oyo Sports for licensed collectible mini-figures designed with the same individual likeness to professional athletes;
- CR Gibson for stationery licensee;
- Coveroo for mobile lifestyle products;
- Global Tour Golf; and
- Society 43 for licensed eyewear.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.