Players from the Chicago Cubs secured four of top five spots on the MLB’s merchandise list.
The rankings are based on overall retail sales of Majestic jerseys from MLBShop.com.
Rounding out the top five players in jersey sales (in order) is the Chicago Cubs’ Anthony Rizzo, the Los Angeles Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw and the Cubs’ Javier Baez and Kyle Schwarber.
Other highlights from the list include: the average age of players on the list is 26-and-a-half, more than 1.5 years younger than any previous list; Baez and Schwarber are two of six new faces on the list, other debuts include the Dodgers’ Corey Seager, the New York Yankees’ Gary Sanches, the Boston Red Sox’s Mookie Betts and the Cleveland Indians’ Francisco Lindor.
The Los Angeles Angels’ Mike Trout has also appeared on every one of these rankings since his professional debut.
Top 20 Most Popular MLB Jerseys
- Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
- Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
- Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs
- Noah Syndergaard, New York Mets
- Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
- Gary Sánchez, New York Yankees
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Madison Bumgarner, San Francisco Giants
- Yoenis Céspedes, New York Mets
- Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
- Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
- Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
- Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
- Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
- Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.