The British & Irish Lions has announced a new licensing partnership with golf brand Titleist.
The agreement is one of a number of new license deals secured by brand licensing specialist The Point.1888, who have partnered with the Lions to create a new range of products ahead of the tour to South Africa in 2021.
Titleist will offer a range of Lions-branded accessories including golf balls, golf bags and golf club head covers, as well as gloves and towels. The deals comes off the back of the interest in next summer’s tour. A record numbers of travel packages and tickets have been sold to Lions supporters, as well as a spate of commercial partnerships recently being announced with Vodafone, Castle Lager, Hackett, Canterbury and Famous Grouse.
“We are delighted to welcome Titleist to our growing family of licensees,” says Tom Halsey, commercial director, British & Irish Lions. “Titleist products are top quality and, like the Lions, are known around the world for being a symbol of excellence. I am sure Lions supporters will be keen to take to the course with the number one ball in golf, featuring the famous Lions crest.”
Titleist is the latest in a list of recent Lions’ license deals secured by The Point.1888, which include:
- FOCO UK: Specialists in producing novelty supporter products, the company will be producing items including face coverings, towels and garden gnomes;
- Vision Sports Publishing: The independent publisher of sports books will publish ‘The British & Irish Lions - The Official History’;
- Danilo: Europe’s leading publisher with produce Lions branded calendars and diaries for 2021;
- Zak: Globally recognized drinkware and melamine manufacturer looking to bring a range of British & Irish Lions homewares, gifting and mealtime and drinkware to market in 2021;
- Oddballs: The underclothing supplier, which raises money for testicular cancer, will produce a range of men’s and women’s Lions underwear;
- Game on Glove: The fanwear company will produce a range of supporters’ merchandise and accessories;
- Brecrest: The children’s and babywear company will create a range of babywear, including bibs, sleep suits and baby grows;
- BDA: The global merchandise agency will provide a bespoke range of premium corporate products including pins and leather goods; and
- Zenith: Intend to launch a range of collectible coins commemorating past Lions captains.
“We are absolutely delighted to bring two iconic brands in golf and rugby together to offer fans a unique collection of products to celebrate the Lions Tour,” says Hannah Stevens, retail head, The Point 1888. “As a retail-first brand extension company we are actively planning for a truly spectacular summer of rugby with our retail and new licensee partners.”