Total player merchandise sales for the year topped $1.5 billion.
Brady took the lead back from Russell Wilson, who was the best-selling player for the previous two quarters. Rankings are based on total sales from March 1, 2015, through February 29, 2016.
NFLPA licensees generated retail sales exceeding $1.5 billion during the year.
Rounding out the season-ending top five are the recently retired Peyton Manning as well as Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and Dez Bryant.
The list is released quarterly by the NFLPA, via its licensing and marketing arm NFL Players Inc., and is based on data reported from more than 80 NFLPA licensees such as Fanatics, Nike, Majestic Athletic, Outerstuff, Forever Collectibles, Fathead, McFarlane Toys, Bleacher Creatures, FBF Originals, 500 Level, FanPrint, Photo File and New Era.
Highlights from the NFLPA’s fourth quarter (Dec. 1, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016) include:
- Brady, Newton, Beckham Jr., Luke Kuechly and Gronkowski are among the most popular players when it comes to kids’ toys and apparel.
- Von Miller, Super Bowl MVP, joined the list for the first time since the NFLPA began compiling data on total sales in 2013, thanks in large part to big sales from kids’ jerseys from Outerstuff.
- The Seahawks are the team with the most players ranked among the Top 50 including Wilson (No. 3), Richard Sherman (No. 14), Marshawn Lynch (No. 15), Jimmy Graham (No. 22), Kam Chancellor (No. 40) and Earl Thomas (No. 50).
(March 1, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016)
- Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
- Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
- Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
- Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
- Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
- Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
- J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
- Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys
- Luke Kuechly, LB, Carolina Panthers
- Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys
- Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers
- Richard Sherman, DB, Seattle Seahawks
- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks
- Marcus Mariota, QB, Tennessee Titans
- Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Clay Matthews, LB, Green Bay Packers
- Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
- Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
- DeMarco Murray, RB, Philadelphia Eagles
- Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle Seahawks
- Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
- Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos
- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota Vikings
- Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals
- Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers
- Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions
- Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders
- Jameis Winston, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland Raiders
- Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins
- Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants
- A.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
- Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos
- Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears
- Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers
- Kam Chancellor, SS, Seattle Seahawks
- Joe Haden, DB, Cleveland Browns
- Khalil Mack, LB, Oakland Raiders
- Jarryd Hayne, RB, San Francisco 49ers
- Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City Chiefs
- Darrelle Revis, DB, New York Jets
- Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego Chargers
- Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills
- Greg Olsen, TE, Carolina Panthers
- LeSean McCoy, RB, Buffalo Bills
- Earl Thomas, DB, Seattle Seahawks
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.