The NFLPA has unveiled its Top 50 Players Sales list for the start of the season, Mar. 1- Aug 31.
The list is determined by sales of NFL-player-branded merchandise online and through traditional retail outlets. Applicable categories include men’s, women’s and youth game jerseys and t-shirts, player murals, figurines, matted and framed photos, bobbleheads, drinkware, jewelry and electronic device accessories, among other items.
The Top 10 players among all licensed product sold are:
- Tom Brady, quarterback, New England Patriots
- Dak Prescott, quarterback, Dallas Cowboys
- Carson Wentz, quarterback, Philadelphia Eagles
- Ezekiel Elliott, running back, Dallas Cowboys
- Aaron Rodgers, quarterback, Green Bay Packers
- Saquon Barkley, running back, New York Giants
- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, San Francisco 49ers
- Nick Foles, quarterback, Philadelphia Eagles
- Antonio Brown, wide receiver, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Odell Beckham Jr., wide receiver, New York Giants
For the complete list visit https://www.nflpa.com/players/top-50-player-sales-list-q2-2018
Additional highlights include:
- Tom Brady reclaimed the top spot in overall sales after finishing No. 2 to Nick Foles on the first-quarter list. Brady is the only player to top the NFLPA’s quarterly Top 50 Players Sales List six different times–including twice as yearend retail king. This also marks a record 13th appearance for Brady in the Top 3 since the Player Sales List’s inception in 2014, and he has never ranked outside of the Top 9.
- Dallas’ Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott have taken two of the Top 4 spots on the last six Top 50 Player Lists.
- 21 of the Top 50 players and six of the Top 10 play quarterback, the most among any position in overall licensed product sales. Immediately following Brady were Prescott and Wentz. Running backs, led by Elliott (No. 4) and Barkley (No. 6), accounted for 10 spots on the list, while wide receivers occupied eight slots and tight ends had three. On the defensive side, eight players made the list this quarter, with Von Miller ranked highest (No. 14). J.J. Watt was ranked No. 28, while his brother, T.J. Watt finished at No. 39.
- Patrick Mahomes II graduated from the 2018 NFLPA Rising Stars List to the overall Top 50 list at No. 42.
- Mahomes II is a favorite among female fans; the rising Kansas City Chiefs quarterback topped sales of all women’s collegiate fashion tops from G-III Apparel Group.
- Penn State University fans powered Barkley to the top of collegiate co-branded Fathead wall decal sales–and more than double the next closest player, Baker Mayfield from the University of Oklahoma. The two rookies were followed by Jabrill Peppers (University of Michigan; Peppers did not appear in the overall Top 50), Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State University) and Deshaun Watson (Clemson University) in the Top 5.
- Among sales of collegiate co-branded jerseys from Adidas, Fanatics and Nike, Rob Gronkowski’s University of Arizona jersey led all players, followed by Marcus Mariota (University of Oregon) and Drew Brees (Purdue University).
- Dak Prescott moved the most jerseys from June 1 through Aug. 31, including men’s, women’s and children’s versions. Following Prescott in the Top 5 of jersey sales was Brady, Wentz, Elliott and Garoppolo.
- Pet accessories and apparel featuring players performed well with Brady, Beckham Jr. and Wentz ranked as the Top 3 best-sellers of pet accessories and apparel from Pets First.
- Nick Foles sustained popularity throughout the preseason as the Super Bowl MVP and sold the most autographed memorabilia from Fanatics Authentic and The Highland Mint, twice as much as the next closest player, Tom Brady.
- Ezekiel Elliott moved the most player calendars by The Lang Companies. Brady outsold all players in socks sold by Strideline, FBF Originals and Freaker. Wentz, Prescott, Antonio Brown and Elliott are among the Top 5.
- Brady ranked No. 1 for Funko Pop!, J.J. Watt the highest-rated defensive player ranked at three and Todd Gurley appeared in the Top 10 of Funko sales for the first time.
- Five quarterbacks ranked among the Top 10 best-sellers of licensed headwear from Lids and New Era, including Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Andrew Luck (who did not appear among the Top 50 players overall) and Derek Carr.
- Tom Brady, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb sold the most jigsaw puzzles by MasterPieces.
- Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brown, Gronkowski, and Larry Fitzgerald were part of the top sellers for cornhole boards sold by Victory Tailgate and Wild Sports.
- Baker Mayfield sold the most bespoke designed tees by 500 Level.
- Odell Beckham Jr. led sales of cake toppers from DecoPac.
- Russell Wilson sold more licensed novelty products by WinCraft than any other player, including buttons, clocks, drinkware, flags, banners, jewelry, luggage tags, tattoos, towels, welcome mats and more.