“Target is poised to deliver an unparalleled holiday shopping season," says Brian Cornell, chairman of the board and chief executive officer, Target. "We’ve been building capabilities that put us in a strong starting position, including the right digital tools and a broad assortment of unique, on-trend merchandise. Our value proposition will be unrivaled, with compelling promotions and an exceptional shopping experience online and in our stores. It’s about delivering on our promise of Expect More. Pay Less, and when we do that, Target is impossible to beat.”
Among the exclusives items that can only be found at Target this year are:
- Toms for Target, featuring more than 50 items including apparel and accessories, shoes and home goods all priced under $50. Target will donate blankets, meals or shoes to people in need for each Toms item purchased. The collection will be available beginning Nov. 16.
- Annie for Target by Renée Ehrlich Kalfus, a limited edition collection of girls’ apparel and accessories inspired by the remake of the classic movie, available beginning Nov. 16.
- Fitness and travel accessories in unique and retro prints designed by London-based artist Orla Kiely.
- Top toys including exclusive Disney Frozen My Size Dolls, Wubble Bubble Ball and Zoomer Dino–Boomer and Target’s Boutique Brand toys from brands such as Wonderology, Hape and Mindware.
- Exclusive Threshold and Nate Berkus at Target home décor and entertaining items.
- A limited edition collection of American-made scarves, throws and handbags from the 150-year-old Faribault Woolen Mills in Minnesota. Available beginning Nov. 2 exclusively through Target’s digital channels.
- Exclusive beauty products at a great value including luxe brushes and bags by Sonia Kashuk, new holiday gift sets from Pixi by Petra and an assortment of makeup palettes, fragrances and hair appliances.
- Electronics gifts for all ages including Beats by Dre, Apple iPhone, Skylanders Trap Team and exclusive iPhone cases designed by Brooklyn-based graphic designer and letterer Dana Tanamachi.
This holiday, Target is also partnering with innovative New York retailer Story. Story will curate its favorite holiday treasures from Target, alongside its other must-have items for the season,
“Working with Story will give holiday shoppers in Manhattan a new way to discover Target’s brand and products,” says Kathee Tesija, chief merchandising and supply chain officer, Target. “This unique concept will also provide a testing ground for us to continue to understand how merchandising and product curation influences our guests.”
Additionally, Target stores will be transformed with in-store décor created in partnership with David Stark Design, one of the top event design agencies in the world.
Target will launch a "Wish List" app on Oct. 31, where kids can add must-have items to their list, while parents can share the list with friends and family. Target’s Wish List app also offers an augmented reality feature that works with Target’s Kids’ Gifting catalog. Guest can also save 10 percent on their Wish List on one day of their choosing before Nov. 26. The app can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices.
Additionally, Target's mobile and tablet apps are re-launching in time for the holidays featuring a number of new enhancements that will make it easier than ever to locate and purchase products.
With more customers shopping online than ever before, Target has made more than 65,000 items available for Store Pickup through its website and 80 percent of orders are fulfilled within one hour, making the service a convenient option for busy shoppers through Christmas Eve. The retailer will also offer free shipping on all Target.com orders now through Dec. 20.
And for the third year, Target is extending the timeframe of its Price Match Policy for the holiday season beyond the typical seven-day window. If a guest purchases a qualifying item at Target between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and then finds it for less at Target.com, a local competitor’s printed ad or at select online retailers, Target will match that price.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.