Numerator continues to track consumer habits and spending in 2020, particularly stockpiling, with a weekly view into the percentage of households exhibiting this behavior compared to a year ago.
Numerator also measures real-time share for top retailers, top products and income level in the new Interactive Holiday Omnishare Tracker.
This week, Numerator has revealed the following:
· Sales for home goods, power and hand tools, toys and electronics continue to over-index across the holiday season (compared to the 2019 holiday season) (Holiday Gifting Tracker).
· Among gifting categories, toys and games, home goods and power and hand tools lead the charge in ad spend this holiday season (source: Holiday Gifting Tracker).
· Ad spend for top gift categories has shifted from TV to mobile in 2020, though TV still accounts for 64 percent of ad spend (source; Holiday Gifting Tracker).
· Amazon has continued its Cyber Weekend momentum into December with high-income consumers and gaining significant share versus last year (source: Interactive Holiday Omnishare Tracker).
· Amazon also continues to capture the largest share of spend on toys during the 2020 holiday season, with Walmart and Target fighting for second place (source: Interactive Holiday Omnishare Tracker).
Numerator will share its Q1 shopping intentions survey, covering the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day, as well as COVID stockpiling data updates, in early 2021.