The Walt Disney Company and Target have announced a retail collaboration at 25 Target stores beginning Oct. 4.
Disney stores at select Target will open in October in the following 25 Target stores:
- Allen North #2516 (Allen, Texas);
- Austin NW #1797 (Austin, Texas);
- Bozeman #1237 (Bozeman, Mont.);
- Brighton #922 (Brighton, Mich.);
- Chicago Brickyard #1924 (Chicago, Ill.);
- Clearwater #1820 (Clearwater, Fla.);
- Denver Stapleton #2052 (Denver, Colo.);
- Edmond #1398 (Edmond, Okla.);
- Euless #1368 (Euless, Texas);
- Houston North Central #1458 (Spring, Texas);
- Jacksonville Mandarin #1300 (Jacksonville, Fla.);
- Keizer #2110 (Keizer, Ore.);
- Lake Stevens #1331 (Lake Stevens, Wash.);
- Leesburg #1874 (Leesburg, Va.);
- Loveland #1178 (Loveland, Colo.);
- Maple Grove North #2193 (Maple Grove, Minn.);
- Mobile West #1376 (Mobile, Ala.);
- Murrieta #1283 (Murrieta, Calif.);
- New Lenox #2028 (New Lenox, Ill.);
- Pasadena #1396 (Pasadena, Texas);
- Philadelphia West #2124 (Philadelphia, Pa.);
- San Jose College Park #2088 (San Jose, Calif.);
- South Jordan #2123 (South Jordan, Utah);
- Stroudsburg #1260 (Stroudsburg, Pa.) and
- Waterford Park #2068 (Clarksville, Ind.).
An additional 40 Disney Stores at select Target locations will open by October 2020.
The Disney store at Target locations will be a Target-operated, branded “shop-in-shop” layout with an average of 750 square feet, located inside Target stores near the kids’ clothing and toys section, also replicated online at Target.com/DisneyStore and in the Target app.
The “shop-in-shop” will feature an enhanced Disney assortment of more than 450 items, including more than 100 products that were previously only available at Disney retail locations.
Available at the Disney store at Target are Disney Princess, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Junior characters, classic Disney plush, apparel, home and holiday-specific products, as well as collectibles like the Disney Animators’ Collection with dolls, clothing and accessories. Prices range from $2 to $200, with many items under $20.
The Disney store at Target will offer a shopping experience for the entire family, with music, interactive displays, photo opportunities and a seating area where families can watch Disney movie clips and Park events.
A new Target store will open at Flamingo Crossings Town Center at the western entrance of the Walt Disney World Resort in 2021.
“With a shared focus on families and unwavering commitment to our guests, we are excited to evolve our relationship with Disney to bring ease, convenience and joy to more families and fans with unique and differentiated retail experiences that can only be created through our two companies,” says Brian Cornell, chairman and chief executive officer, Target. “We believe the combination of Disney’s unmatched entertainment and storytelling with our omni-channel retail platform will create inspiring and unique experiences for our guests. This collaboration reflects the strength of our platforms and assets to create value for guests and growth for both companies beyond the traditional retail model.”
“Disney and Target share a common vision to provide our guests and consumers with innovative and unique experiences and high-quality product,” says Bob Chapek, chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. “Our products help fans and families live the magic wherever and whenever they want. And we know the way consumers shop for those products is changing–so we’re making the magic easier to access than ever before through this collaboration that will bring Disney store magic to Target stores.”