April 6, 2018
L.O.L. Surprise, Fingerlings, Barbie and
, among other popular brands, top the global information company’s top fastest-selling toys.
Based on current retail sales figures–and in line with recent lists from Walmart, Target, Toys ‘R’ Us and Kmart, among others–the global information company foresees collectibles and interactive playthings as this holiday’s must-haves.
According to current retail sales data, lower-priced toys drove year-to-date growth through September, and while the industry grew its dollar sales by 3 percent, unit sales grew by 4 percent. Sales of toys priced under $5 also increased 7 percent and represented about one-third of the total toy industry dollar gains.
This year’s fastest-selling toys heading into the holiday season include:
- L.O.L. Surprise! Doll Assortment by MGA Entertainment
- Fingerlings by WowWee
- L.O.L. Surprise! Lil Sister Assortment by MGA Entertainment
- Barbie Dream House Play Set by Mattel
- Hovertrax 2.0 by Razor
- Hatchimals Pengualas Pink Egg Assortment by Spin Master
- Hot Wheels Singles 1:64 Assortment by Mattel
- L.O.L. Surprise! Big Surprise Ball by MGA Entertainment
- Star Wars App-Enabled R2D2 by Sphero
- Star Wars E7 Black Series 6” Assortment by Hasbro
“As consumers make their holiday lists, it is equally important for retailers and manufactures to manage theirs–and these are the toys that should be on it,” says Juli Lennett, senior vice president and U.S. toys industryanalyst, The NPD Group. “Looking at the toys currently gaining the most traction at retail, retailers can use this information to understand safe bets for early re-orders, and manufactures should ensure that retailers are keeping these items top of mind.”
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.