License Global's Licensing Mixtape Podcast
Why are Nike’s Chunky Dunky going for $6k on eBay? How did Mickey Mouse find his way onto a COVID face mask? Who put all that "Stranger Things" gear in your Target cart? Find the answers to questions like these and more in a new podcast from the editors of License Global, The Licensing Mixtape, where we explore what makes consumers click “buy” on the products that stand out above the rest, thanks to a little thing called brand licensing.
HEAR WHAT'S NEXT ON THE PODCAST
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST NOW
Subscribe to the Licensing Mixtape podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or Spotify. Also, let us know what you think about the show or share suggestions for future episodes by emailing us at email@example.com.
OUR LATEST GUEST
License Global speaks with Difuzed to figure out what new video game and movie titles licensees need to look out for in 2021 and what makes us fans so invested in big ticket properties like "Animal Crossing" or "Doom: Eternal".
Steven Ekstract, founder of License Global magazine, has been a leading voice in the licensing industry for more than two decades. In 1997, he founded License Global, the leading news source for the brand licensing industry, after a series of pivotal roles in entertainment journalism and marketing at Video Review, Premiere and The Hollywood Reporter. As brand director, Global Licensing Group, Steven manages and drives Informa Markets' group of brands and products. He serves as a thought leader for the greater licensing community, providing key insights and forecasts on the licensing business.
Ben Roberts studied journalism and culture at Canterbury Christ Church University before moving to London to begin his career in content design. Moving from writing to video production, creative solutions and beyond to become editor-in-chief, Ben has spent 10 years traveling the world in various roles looking to tell stories in new and interesting ways. A lifelong gamer, comic book geek and movie-goer, Ben's love for pop and cult culture, design and branding brought him to the world of brand licensing, where he sits today as content editor (EMEA) at License Global.
James is a writer and editor with experience covering the latest in entertainment and business news. As a reporter for various online and print publications, he has covered topics as diverse as Facebook ad monetization to the patent issues surrounding time travel. His pieces have appeared in publications including Mashable, The Register, Game N' Guide and Clickz. James currently covers all things licensing and pop culture as content editor at License Global.
Patricia DeLuca -- Managing Editor, License Global
Patricia DeLuca is based in New York and currently serves as License Global's Managing Editor.
Bibi Wardak -- Content Editor, License Global
Bibi Wardak is content editor at License Global, where she covers the licensing industry, the current retail landscape and the latest news on big brands including Amazon, Disney, NBA, NIKE and Netflix. With a diverse background in business journalism and entertainment, Bibi previously held senior editor roles at Entertainment Tonight and MarketingProfs. She holds a master's degree in journalism from the University of Southern California.
CATCH UP ON PAST EPISODES OF THE LICENSING MIXTAPE
- Licensing Mixtape #1: Licensing Mixtape Podcast is Live! - The Licensing Mixtape kicks off with an inaugral episode on the biggest trends in the industry with special guest Steven Ekstract, brand director, Global Licensing Group.
- Licensing Mixtape #2: What Comes Next for Movie Theaters Post-COVID? - Bruce Nash, founder of The Numbers and Nash Information Services, highlights how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the moviemaking industry.
- Licensing Mixtape #3: How Video Games Became A Major Driver for Licensing - Sarah Buzby, vice president, consumer products, Ubisoft shares how the power of fandom is changing video game like never before.
- Licensing Mixtape #4: How BuzzFeed Turned a Media Empire into a Licensing Leader - Eric Karp, senior vice president, global brand licensing, BuzzFeed, discusses the data-driven power of digital brands in the latest episode of License Global’s podcast.
- Licensing Mixtape #5: How Licensing Brought Anime to A Global Audience - John Parker, principal, Patencio Development, highlights the growing international influence of anime in the latest issue of the Licensing Mixtape.
- See our full archive on SoundCloud.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH LICENSE GLOBAL
Like the podcast? Keep up with the latest news and insights from License Global by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on social media.