Online campaign will teach children about animals, games and sports, kindness and more.
Spanning from July to December, the new campaign will feature Elmo exploring a new topic each month through new videos and songs, all of which will be available on “Sesame Street’s” YouTube channel.
The Love to Learn campaign will also include a new DVD, iTunes collection, games on SesameStreet.org and content in
The full Love to Learn campaign lineup includes:
- July–Animals. Elmo will meet Simon’s Cat from the animated series “Simon’s Cat.” With Simon, Elmo will learn about various cat behaviors, as well as that he and Simon’s Cat have a lot in common.
- August–Games and Sports. To celebrate the Olympics, Elmo and his friends will learn about teamwork and sportsmanship with special guests.
- September: Ready for school. This month, Elmo will get ready for school with “Eh Bee Family.” Elmo will do it all from packing his backpack and having his picture taken to getting tips from the bigger kids who are already pros. Additionally, Captain America’s Anthony Mackie will share a tip to get kids ready for school.
- October–Music and dancing. Musicians Lennon & Maisy will cover a new arrangement of “I Don’t Want to Live on the Moon” with Ernie. Plus, Jason Derulo and Tori Kelly will teach Elmo new dance moves and how to play the guitar.
- November–Cooking. This month, Cookie Monster will celebrate his birthday by guest starring on Rosanna Pansino’s “Nerdy Nummies.” During the show, Cookie Monster will learn how to make his favorite, chocolate chip cookies.
- December–Kindness. The campaign will close Elmo and social media star Jérôme Jarre joining forces to spread kindness throughout New York City. Plus, country musical group Little Big Town will give Elmo tips on how to get along with friends.
“We’ve collaborated with our content and distribution partners on an exciting campaign that provides a fun dive into one topic each month with favorite ‘Sesame Street’ and YouTube friends,” says Scott Chambers, senior vice president and general manager, North America media and licensing, Sesame Workshop. “With our strong combined presence on YouTube and social media, this great lineup of new videos and songs will encourage a lifelong love of learning no matter where our fans are consuming media.”
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.