Sony Pictures Consumer Products has announced a slate of new licensed products celebrating the classic Ghostbusters brand.
The Ghostbusters consumer products program features items in categories such as interactive, apparel, costumes, crafts, gaming toys, collectibles and more. The following licensees for Ghostbusters have products available now for purchase or pre-orders:
- Gemmy has created a variety of airblown inflatable décor and a Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Halloween Greeter available at various retailers;
- Hasbro expanded on their successful fan-focused Plasma Series line with the October release of Spengler’s Neutrona Wand, now available at fan accounts nationwide. The company’s throwback Kenner Classics line also is available exclusively at Walmart;
- JAAKS Pacific costume division Disguise is busy putting finishing touches on their extensive line for Halloween 2021;
- Party City is offering Halloween costumes for the whole family;
- R.H. Smith and Sons/Smiffys (U.K.) have launched a line of costumes for kids and adults available on Smiffys.com and Amazon;
- Reebok unveiled a full-family, full-body “Ghostbusters” footwear and apparel capsule for Halloween 2020;
- Ripple Junction and Urban Outfitters launched a capsule collection in collaboration with streetwear designer and artist Joshua Vides, now available in stores and online;
- Sangacio announced a limited drop of Ghostbusters sneakers Oct. 1 available in Japan; and
- Spirit Halloween is offering Halloween costumes and décor for everyone. For true fans, they have also created a life-sized replica of the Terror Dog.
“The Ghostbusters brand has proven its ability to transcend age and gender to become a true powerhouse franchise that reaches every demographic,” says Jamie Stevens, executive vice president, worldwide consumer products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “As we continue to lay the foundation for the release of ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ next year, we’re excited to collaborate with a wide array of partners to reinvigorate and celebrate the classic “Ghostbusters” characters we all know and love.”
Two of the leading gaming companies have also launched “Ghostbusters” integrations into their platforms. Epic Games is offering “Ghostbusters-” themed outfits, gear and accessories for a limited time in “Fortnite” during their annual Fortnitemares event. Psyonix tapped into the “Ghostbusters” brand to headline the “Rocket League” Haunted Hallows Event on all platforms. The in-game event features event challenges that unlock “Ghostbusters”-themed items including vehicles, cosmetic items, game modes and more.
Sony has premiered Ghostbusters: The Official Online Store, featuring several licensed products including apparel, accessories, toys, collectibles, home décor and a full assortment of costumes.