BoxLunch will create Toy Story-inspired merchandise and a national mall tor, to celebrate the opening of Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
The “Toy Story Land Mall Tour” will kick off May 19 at Brea Mall in Brea, Calif., and will make stops in Chandler, AZ, Bloomington, Minn. and more before its final stop at the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, Fla Jun. 24.
The “Toy Story Land Mall Tour” by Box Lunch will feature interactive photo booths, sneak peeks at “Toy Story Land” concept art and giveaways. Select events will include a fan created life-size Planet Pizza replica.
Toy Story Land is a new immersive experience that recreates Andy’s toy-filled backyard and features Woody, Buzz, Jessie and their other toy friends.
In addition to the tour, BoxLunch will release a selection of Toy Story Land merchandise that includes
Elsewhere, Disney is counting down the release of Incredibles 2 with Incredibles Day, a one-off that gives fans a chance to interact with new content, prizes and activations inspired by the film.
- The Incredibles Day event will include:
- Three vintage toy commercials featuring the theme songs from Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone;
- A collaboration with delivery service Fooji that will give fans in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia a chance to win exclusive giveaways and tickets to the film;
- A talk with Ashley Eckstein, founder and chief executive officer of Her Universe and 25 other content creators at Pixar Animation Studio in Emeryville, Calif.;
- An Incredibles 2 themed swimwear collection from Trina Turk;
- An Incredibles-themed video game from LEGO;
- And A performance of film’s theme song “Glory Days.” by D Cappella.
The Incredibles 2 will debut in theatres Jun. 15.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.