Comic-Con: Godzilla Celebrates 65th Anniversary
Godzilla visited Comic-Con for the first time to celebrate its 65th anniversary.
Toho’s booth at the event featured several activities, including:
- A green screen photo booth for unique social posts with the hashtag #Godzilla65;
- A live mural painting by Godzilla artist Shinji Nishikawa;
- An exhibition of the suit used in Godzilla 2000;
- A collection of props from films throughout the franchise’s history; and
- An exclusive 65th Anniversary 1954 Godzilla Deluxe Vinyl Figure.
The debut of Godzilla at Comic-Con followed the premiere of the Godzilla: King of the Monsters film earlier this summer. Legendary Pictures’ production was the second in a series of films based on the longstanding giant monster creature – the new picture brought with it a variety of new licensing deals for Toho’s creation.
To stay up to date on the latest news from the event, check out our continuing coverage from the show floor.