Iconix has a portfolio of over 25 consumer brands, including five home brands:Waverly
. Iconix will also continue growing their owned fashion brands into the home space with the launch ofEcko
which join the already existing home brand expansion of Ocean Pacific, Candies, Mudd, Mossimo, Material Girl and Joe Boxer.
“We are especially excited about our new partnerships coming to market this fall,” says Bob Galvin, chief executive officer and president, Iconix Brand Group. “The home industry is growing exponentially as consumers continue to shift their focus to their living space. We anticipate continuing our success in the home industry with the growth and expansion of
Recent deals for Iconix’s home brands include:
- In an exclusive multi-year licensing agreement, the Waverly brand will partner with Lintex as its new licensee in kitchen textiles and table linens.
- In another brand extension for Waverly, they have appointed St. James Home as its U.S. licensee in a 3-year deal for utility bedding including pillows, comforters, blankets, mattress pads and topper and bedding accessories.
- Popular Bath, a Brooklyn-based home furnishings importer, has signed a multi-year license for the Waverly brand in the hard window category including curtain rods, tiebacks and finials.
- Britannica is the new exclusive U.S. and Canada licensee for home brand Royal Velvet in the utility bedding category. This multi-year deal will have a multi-tiered distribution strategy.
- VCNY, a company in the home textile manufacturing space, has signed agreements with Royal Velvet, Cannon Home and luxury home brand Charisma as its exclusive U.S. licensee for accent and area rugs.
- The Royal Velvet brand is also expanding into the window treatment category with an exclusive multi-year agreement with Universal Home as the U.S. partner for curtains, valances, hardware, blinds and shades.
- Basics brand Cannon Home is joining forces with rug manufacturer Chesapeake, as its new U.S. and Canadian licensee for bath rugs.
Additionally, Iconix is leveraging some of its fashion brands by bringing them into the home space for the first time through several recent licensing deals. Developments include:
- Danskin, a health and wellness brand, will expand into fashion bedding through a new licensing partnership with Evergrace. The collection will feature the brand’s aesthetic, with a fun, modern, relaxed style combined with rich textures and patterns.
- A new licensing deal with Pem America will bring Rocawear into fashion bedding.
- Ecko Unltd. will break into fashion bedding and bath with their exclusive 2-year deal with Sky Home in the U.S. and Canada as well as its new partnership with Popular Bath, signing on as Ecko’s partner in Hard Windows for an exclusive 3-year deal in the U.S.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.