” franchise. The new report provides an annual wrap-up of licensing gains for “One Piece” and details new license agreements and license renewals as well as highlights collaborations across merchandise categories. Over the past 16 months, Toei Animation amassed more than 20 agreements through its “One Piece” licensing efforts – including both new license agreements and license renewals.
“We’re excited to release this first-ever report for ‘One Piece’ – a franchise that has been entertaining fans around the world for over two decades and counting,” says Lisa Yamatoya, director, global marketing, Toei Animation. “Last year’s 1000th episode of the TV series was a historic milestone for ‘One Piece’ and capped off a year of major licensing gains for the franchise. This momentum has continued into 2022 – driven in part by the upcoming theatrical release of ‘One Piece Film Red’ later this year.”
The new “One Piece” license
The list of new agreements and license renewals includes:
- Bandai Namco Entertainment: video game publisher and developer for new RPG title, “One Piece Odyssey,” available on both game consoles and PCs
- Bioworld: manufacturer for an Atsuko-branded collection of apparel and fashion accessories including T-shirts, accessories and more
- Boba Bear: Los Angeles-based beverage and boba chain, Boba Bear, and Bearology for a collection of branded cups, mason jars and other items for “One Piece” menu items
- Dim Mak: DJ Steve Aoki’s fashion lifestyle brand for a limited-edition merchandise collection including hoodies, T-shirts, accessories and skate decks
- Funko: pop culture lifestyle brand for a collection of Pop! vinyl figures based on characters from the franchise
- GCDS: Italian manufacturer of culture-wear for a collection of apparel and fashion accessories including crewnecks, T-shirts, hoodies, pants, socks and headwear.
- Jimei Palace Studio: designer and manufacturer of collector’s statues for a series of limited-edition resin statues
- Mighty Jaxx: Singaporean designer and manufacturer of collectibles and lifestyle products for a collection of vinyl designer toy figures
- Monogram International: manufacturer of licensed giftware, toys, aged collectibles and souvenirs for a collection of merchandise including 3D foam keyrings and magnets
- Oniri Creations: French designer and manufacturer of collector’s statues for a series of limited-edition 1/4, 1/6 and 1/10 scale resin statues
- Original: manufacturer of Japanese-crafted Original Stitch branded apparel and accessories for a collection of custom shirts, masks and bandanas
- Ripple Junction: manufacturer for a collection of apparel and fashion accessories including T-shirts, long sleeves, hoodies, lounge pants, socks, beanies, bags and enamel pins
- VICTOR: badminton industry brand offering badminton rackets, footwear, apparel and badminton-specific accessories available in 60 countries across five continents for a collection of badminton sporting goods
Toei Animationare exhibiting at Licensing Expo 2022. Find out more informationhere
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.