Hasbro, Falcon's Beyond, NAFTOS and Feld Entertainment are among the brands that have revealed extensive LBE plans for the May event, transforming their booths into an IP-based destination that will capture attendees' attention. From turning show attendees into NFTs and transporting guests into imagined worlds to a VR battle arena, this year's event is gearing up to be highly interactive and trend-driven in order to provide a more seamless experience that facilitates new IP discovery.
"We landed on the theme of location-based experiences in order to strategically align with society's transition from product-focused to experience-centric behaviors," says Anna
LBE-activations confirmed to date include:
Hasbro, Inc booth #A159 & Hasbro Experience booth A143
At Hasbro’s Experience booth, the company will be previewing the Transformers: VR Battle Arena with Meta4 Interactive. Hasbro will also be showcasing inspiration from other LBE initiatives around the world with a sampling of mini experiences inspired by:
- My Little Pony & Transformers Hotel, Shanghai.
- Monopoly Life-sized and Top Hat Restaurant & Bar, London.
- Nerf Challenge, North America (touring) the ultimate Nerf playground, is currently touring North America. Among the many interactive activations to experience are Tryathlon, Nerfhoop Doubleshot, Colossal Football, Field Goal, Dodge Blast, Strange Cargo and much more! With thousands of blasters and millions of darts, this immersive experience is every NERF fan's dream come to life.
- NAX, Singapore, the NERF Action Xperience family entertainment center brings the NERF brand to life through fun-filled experiences in an indoor arena packed with multiple-themed activity zones, incorporating NERF sports and blasters that are directed towards igniting adrenaline, inspiring empowerment, fostering connections, and fueling your freedom.
"The demand for authentic, engaging, and exciting experiences has never been higher; fans of all ages can now uncover new ways to connect with the brands they love,” says Matt Proulx, vice president, location-based entertainment, Hasbro. “We're excited to demo the Transformers: VR Battle Arena with our partners at Meta4 Interactive at our booth this year. We'll also be giving visitors a chance to sample other activations around the world, taking inspiration from our Monopoly Life-sized in London, Transformers & My Little Pony-themed Hotel in Shanghai, not to mention what's fueling Nerf. We hope everyone can stop by and have a glimpse into the potential of LBE.”
Falcon's Beyond, booth U188
- At Falcon's Beyond's booth, guests will experience immersive and interactive technologies like no other through a tour of Falcon's X-Lab. The X-Lab will offer a 20-minute demonstration of a handful of Falcon's ground-breaking products by appointment. These include SpectraVerse™, Falcon's Vision®, ON!X™ Theater and other exciting, themed attraction systems leveraging real-time gaming technologies and metaverse integrations.
"We have already helped many of the world's most iconic brands connect with their audience to build fandom at a whole new level," says Cecil D. Magpuri, chief executive officer, Falcon's Beyond. "We cannot wait to showcase our experiential entertainment innovations and new themed destinations in development that will enable brands to take the connection with their desired audiences to new heights well `beyond' what they could ever imagine."
NAFTOS, Lobby Display near Entrance D, Executive Suite D101
- Licensing Expo newcomer NAFTOS, an industry leader in minting 2D, 3D, and 3D interactive NFTs, takes the mystery out of digital collectibles by showcasing actual NFT creations on the exhibition floor at the entrance of the show, booth D3. Companies interested in learning more about NFTs and the Metaverse for their brands can schedule an appointment with NAFTOS at Executive Suite D101 on the show floor.
"We are honored to become a key exhibiter at the Licensing Expo to showcase our expertise in NFTs and the Metaverse,” says Barry Rosenbaum, chief executive officer and president, NAFTOS. “Our highly experienced team employs the newest technology to create dynamic interactive NFTs, unlike any others."
Feld Entertainment, booth A209
- This year, Feld Entertainment will have the Grave Digger Simulator Ride Experience, created in partnership with DOF Robotiks. This stand-alone attraction allows attendees to experience what it is like to take a ride in a Monster Jam truck. The simulator offers a range of movement on a 6-axis platform featuring pitch, roll and yaw movements. The realistic motion is combined with exciting video delivered through VR headsets, which makes it an unforgettable ride.
“We are thrilled to have one of our Feld Entertainment location-based entertainment activations on site for attendees to experience during the upcoming LE,” says Jeff Bialosky, senior vice president global partnerships, Feld Entertainment. “As a 2022 Industry Award nominee, Monster Jam continues to engage and entertain 10s of millions of fans around the world. The Monster Jam Grave Digger simulator displayed and operating in Booth #A209 will give those who are brave enough to ride it the true feeling of being behind the wheel of a 12,000-pound, 1500 HP Monster Jam truck.”
In addition to these immersive exhibitor experiences, visitors can visit the new Sports Bar and Toy Café to discover new products and be inspired by examples from both categories. Confirmed participants include:
- Sports Bar: Major League Baseball Players, Inc., NFL Players Inc., NASCAR, NFL Int'l, WWE and Motul
- Toy Café: Hasbro, Inc., Mattel, Inc., MGA Entertainment, Spin Master, WildBrain CPLG, Jazwares, Brand Activation Consulting
- Art & Design Lounge: Art Brand Studios, Giordano Studios, Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc., Mitchell Black Wallpaper, Tate & Co Licensing, Artestar
Registered attendees now have access to the event’s online platform and can begin sifting through discoverable IP and setting up meetings both online and for the in-person event.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.