Top Retail Analyst to Open NYC Summit
Named the No. 1 Stock Picker for Multi-Line Retail, Dana Telsey will discuss the current retail landscape and offer insights into what’s ahead for 2018.
NORTH AMERICA–The 2018 NYC Licensing Summit will open with an in-depth look at retail from one of the world’s top retail analysts, Dana Telsey, setting the stage for one of the major themes of the event.
Telsey is the CEO and Chief Research Officer of Telsey Advisory Group (TAG), and a regular guest analyst on CNN and CNBC. She has won numerous awards for her work over her 31-year career, most recently being named as Thomson Reuters’ No. 1 Stock Picker for Multi-Line Retail in 2016.
Telsey will kick off the 2018 NYC Licensing Summit on Feb. 20 with the Opening Keynote session, “Retail Today–The Current Landscape and What’s Ahead.” She’ll offer insights into what we learned from the major retail developments in 2017, with an analysis of holiday retail results, and what the implications are for 2018.
And be sure to stay tuned over the next few weeks, as Telsey will be offering her take on the holiday retail results across a number of major U.S. networks.
Telsey’s keynote will set the tone for the NYC Summit’s focus on retail in 2018. Other retail-focused sessions at next year’s event include:
- “Retail Revolution: New Models for the Modern Consumer” featuring retailers that are breaking new ground with cutting-edge commerce models that are changing the way the world shops. Speakers will be announced soon!
- “The Remaking of a Traditional Retailer: Aéropostale,” featuring Ken Ohashi of Aéropostale’s parent company Authentic Brands Group, who will discuss how the teen retailer has reimagined its business model to beat the odds at brick-and-mortar.
- “The Need for Speed: Product Development in a Digital World,” featuring executives from Loot Crate, Hot Topic and Merchmaker, offering insights into how they are getting products into the hands of fans at the speed of social media.
“The rapidly shifting world of retail is top of mind for everyone in the brand licensing industry at the moment, which is why we’ll be placing a heavy focus on this topic at the 2018 NYC Summit,” says Steven Ekstract, brand director, Global Licensing Group at UBM, organizer of the NYC Summit. “Not only will our speakers be offering insight into the current retail landscape, but we’ll also be having in-depth discussions about the many way brands are finding success and new opportunity amidst these changes. Telsey will set the tone for the day and offer insider expertise that will be invaluable to attendees who are shaping the future of our industry. Anyone looking to put their business ahead of the curve in 2018 needs to be in this room.”
The 2018 NYC Licensing Summit will take place Feb. 20 at the Convene events venue in Times Square. The NYC Summit is developed by License Global magazine, part of the Global Licensing Group at UBM, and presented in partnership with LIMA, the brand licensing industry’s leading trade organization. In addition to Dependable Solutions, other sponsors already signed on to this year’s event include Authentic Vision, BrandComply.com, Boy Scouts of America, JPatton, OpSec and Trevco. Additional sponsorship opportunities are still available for companies looking to connect with the high-level executives who attend the NYC Summit. Please contact Sharon Weisman for additional details ([email protected]).
The NYC Summit has sold out every year. Click here to register now and take advantage of Early Bird pricing.
Here’s a little bit more about Telsey and her company.
Founded in 2006, Telsey Advisory Group is a leading equity research, trade execution, investment banking and consulting firm, focusing on the consumer space. TAG’s research team covers both U.S. and international companies across all market caps in a range of sectors including apparel manufacturers, children’s and teen retailers, consumer electronics retailers, cosmetics, department stores, footwear, home furnishings retailers, media, off-price retailers, pay TV companies, specialty apparel retailers, supermarkets and more.
In 2015, Telsey also formed Telsey Consumer Fund Management, an asset management firm that manages a long/short hedge fund investing in consumer-based companies.
Telsey has followed over 100 companies during her 31-year career and is the only U.S.-based analyst to provide complete analysis of the European luxury goods sector. From 1994 to 2006, she was at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. covering the retail sector as a senior managing director. Prior to working at Bear Stearns, she was the retail analyst at C.J. Lawrence and vice president of the Baron Asset Fund at Baron Capital.
In addition to her regular appearances as a guest analyst on both CNN and CNBC, Telsey has also appeared as a special guest on such programs as “Bloomberg Radio,” “World News Tonight-ABC News,” “Good Morning America,” “The NBC Evening News,” “The Today Show,” BNN and BBC, among many others.
Telsey has won numerous awards throughout her career including:
- Ranked as the No. 1 Specialty Stores Analyst and No. 1 Broadlines & Department Stores Analyst in the most recent ranking of Institutional Investor magazine’s All-America Independent Research Team
- Thomson Reuters No. 1 Stock Picker for Multi-Line Retail (2016)
- Named as a Top Industry CEO and included on the list of People Shaping Retail’s Future by the National Retail Federation (2015)
- Traders magazine’s Woman-Owned Brokerage of the Year (2014)
- Traders magazine’s Entrepreneur of the Year (2011)
- 13-year member of Institutional Investor magazine’s All-America Research Team where she was ranked the No. 1 Specialty Stores Analyst for seven consecutive years through 2005