Annual trade show will highlight more than 240 new exhibitors.
Hosted by the Toy Industry Association, the event will showcase companies from 32 countries–including 240 first-time exhibitors–as well as 10,000 buyers representing 5,000 unique retail outlets.
The show will be organized by specific product zones for easy navigation including action figures, dolls, preschool, outdoors toys and more.
The event will also provide a number of educational programs as part of its Knowledge Network including the fifth annual Licensing Content Connection.
The track is presented in cooperation with UBM (organizers of Licensing Expo and Brand Licensing Europe) and the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association and is intended to help toy professionals gain an understanding of the fundamentals and inner workings of the licensing world in four sessions that will take place Feb. 13 and 14.
This year’s Licensing Content Connections sessions will include:
- "Licensing 101" presented by Jessica Blue, vice president, Licensing Expo
- "The Art of the Deal" panel
- How to Evaluate a License" panel moderated by Marty Brochstein, senior vice president, LIMA
- "Full STEAM Ahead: The Intersection of Licensing and Educational Toys" presented by Ira Mayer, former publisher and executive editor, The Licensing Letter and Youth Market Alerts
Other show highlights will include:
- Opening ceremony/photo opportunity (Crystal Palace): Following a ribbon cutting at 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 13, the Toy Fair will officially open at 9 a.m. A parade of costume characters accompanied by live entertainment will also be present.
- Toy Trends Briefing (1E Hall – Room 1E21): At 4 p.m. on Feb. 14, Toy Fair attendees can get up-to-the-minute trend information direct from the show floor. The Toy Industry Association’s toy trend team will highlight the top trends and where to find them.
- TIA’s Toy Safety Update (1E Hall – Room 1E21): On Feb. 15, this annual session will run from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and will highlight important changes in state, federal and international toy safety requirements. It will also introduce emerging issues under consideration by legislators and regulators in key markets around the globe.
- Toy Fair Credit Meeting (Intercontinental New York Times Square Hotel): TIA’s annual credit meeting, exclusively for manufacturer members of the TIA Credit Interchange Program, will be Feb. 15 at 10 a.m.
Toy Fair officially opens Feb. 13 at 9 a.m. Show hours are Feb. 13-15 from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Feb. 16 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.