(B&LIS), taking place June 21 at the Royal Geographical Society in London.
“Retail disruption. Supply chain challenges. SVOD. Metaverse. Influencers. NFTs. Representation. Changing consumer trends. Meaningful retail experiences. Our industry is going through a transformation like we’ve never seen before, all led by an increasingly complex and demanding customer,” says Anna Knight, senior vice president, licensing, Informa Markets. “The European Brand & Licensing Innovation Summit brings together 300+ brand licensing leaders and delivers thought-provoking content and networking opportunities to help drive the industry forward and get the business insights to address some of these critical topics.”
Liberty, Sainsbury’s and Hasbro join an already packed agenda of speakers including Penguin
The event’s agenda, focused on Shaping the Future of Licensing and Retail, can now beonline
where tickets can also bepurchased
. Special rates are available for Licensing International and Products of Change members, as well as delegates booking a two-day pass for B&LIS and SiLC, which is co-located on June 22.
B&LIS sessions will run from 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 PM on June 21, followed by a drinks reception in the evening.
The current program is as follows:
8 a.m. Registration Opens
9:20 a.m. Introduction from Global Licensing Group
9:30 a.m. Evaluating the Modern Brand Landscape
- Start the day by setting the scene on some of the key trends coming through in licensing with exclusive insight delivered by License Global and other knowledge partners.
- Speaker: Ben Roberts, senior content strategist, License Global
10:10 a.m. Leaders Panel: Building a Post-Pandemic Retail & Licensing Strategy
- A panel of industry leaders will air their expectations, hopes and fears for a post-Covid future as it relates to retail.
- Speakers include: Daniel Avener, chief executive officer, MDR Brand Management; Jeremy Orriss, director, licensing, Difuzed; Marianne James, vice president, EMEA and Asia licensed consumer products, Hasbro; and Jalil Rahman, director, brand partnerships and licensing, Liberty
10:50 a.m. Following the Money: How the New Age of Consumers Spends
- The panel will focus their discussion on Gen Z and millennials.
- Speakers include: Sian Rider, strategy director, KidsKnowBest and Allana Holmes, sales head, Hunter Price
11:45 a.m. Everything You Need to Know About Web 3.0
- This dynamic session will explore some of the hottest topics in our industry right now, including NFT, Metaverse, IoT, AR, VR…
- Speaker: Trevor George, co-founder, co-chief executive officer, Recur
12:45 p.m. Networking Lunch
1:45 p.m. Think Tank: Can the Licensing Process be Rebuilt
- From supply chain challenges to the need for faster speed to market, does the licensing process need to be reviewed?
- Speakers include: Ruth Golightly, leading womenswear clothing, footwear, accessories, ASDA and Emily Fawcett, head, global licensing, Abysse Corp. Moderator: Susan Bolsover, global licensing and consumer products director, Penguin Random House U.K.
2:30 p.m. Forecasting the Future of Retail through Consumer Trends
- Understand how emerging and future consumer behaviors influence the retail space.
- Speakers include: Hannah Craggs, head, subscription, TrendBible; Abi Wison, buying and design manager, celebrations, Sainsbury’s
3:45 p.m. Category Breakout Sessions
To provide additional depth around emerging categories, join our interactive roundtables as they spotlight them in more detail. Hear a case study and take part in a Q&A discussion with a choice of four categories soon to be confirmed.
4:30 p.m. The Good Fight: How Purpose Breeds Success
- What is purpose and why is it important to businesses and customers?
- Speakers include: Nicolas Loufrani, founder and chief executive officer, The Smiley Company and Helena Mansell-Stopher, founder, chief executive officer, Products of Change.,Moderator: Will Stewart, founder and chief executive officer, The Point.1888
5:30 p.m. Closing Remarks followed by evening drinks reception
B&LIS one day tickets are priced at £275 and can be purchased fromBrand &Licensing Innovation Summit Europe.
SiLC tickets one day tickets are priced at £275 and can be purchased fromSustainability in Licensing Conference
. POC and Licensing International members can enjoy a 20% discount on these rates (non-cumulative). Alternatively, two-day tickets can be purchased from either site for the discounted rate of £525.
To find out about sponsorship opportunities at the B&LIS Europe 2022 event, fill out thisshort form
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.