Other additions to the conference lineup include Spin Master, Ubisoft and RedBubble.
Among the new additions to the program are:
- Shopkins, Hatchimals, Fingerlings, Roblox… some of the hottest toys brands of the moment are coming from smaller, boutique toy companies. In the session “The Little Toy Companies that Could,” Adam Beder of Spin Master, Alexandra Ries of Moose Toys, Richard Yanofsky of WowWee and Laura Zebersky of Jazwares will come together to discuss the agility and innovation that has allowed them to create toys that kids want.
- Steve Scebelo of the National Football League Players' Association and Becca Roux of the U.S. Women’s National Team Players’ Association will join Josh Goodstadt of National Basketball Players Inc. in a session called “The Rise of the Player.”
- The innovations of the Millennial generation have dramatically changed countless industries forever. We decided we wanted to hear about these changes from Millennials themselves. In the session “Millennials Are Killing Everything,” Danny Kim of Macy’s, Danielle DiFerdinando, founder and creative director of the fashion accessories label Danielle Nicole, and Maximilian Ulanoff of the talent agency Buchwald, will discuss the opportunities that abound in the new world they are helping to create.
- Eric Morse from fan artist and print-on-demand solution RedBubble is the first panelist to be unveiled for the session titled “Retail Revolution: New Models for the Modern Consumer,” which will be moderated by Jeff Lotman of the licensing agency Global Icons. This panel will focus on retailers who are shaping the future with cutting-edge commerce models. Additional retail panelists will be announced soon, so stay tuned! This session is sponsored by the product authentication solution Authentic Vision.
- Sarah Buzby of Ubisoft, John Friend of Microsoft and Jennifer Staley of Bioworld Merchandising will discuss the evolution of gaming brands into experiential, lifestyle franchises in the session “The Evolving Gaming Ecosystem.”
“The NYC Summit is an event that draws together thought leaders from all segments of brand licensing and retail to discuss the trends that will shape the future, and never has that been more true than this year,” says Steven Ekstract, Brand Director, Global Licensing Group at UBM, organizer of the NYC Summit. “This year’s collection of dynamic, expert speakers are going to bring the goods, and I’m confident that everyone in the room on Feb. 20 will leave better prepared for what’s ahead than when they arrived.”
The 2018 NYC Licensing Summit will take place Feb. 20 at the Convene events venue in Times Square.
Speakers already announced include a keynote address from one of the world’s top retail analysts
alongside his manager and business partner Kevin Gould and licensing agent Ross Misher of
, influencer marketing expert Gil Eyal of
, Alix Kram of
Warner Music Group
, Cindy Levitt of
Hot Topic, BoxLunch and Her Universe
, Brian Mann of
, Ken Ohashi of
and Rosa Zeegers of
. And stay tuned tomorrow for the unveiling of our Closing Keynote!
The NYC Summit is developed by
magazine, part of the Global Licensing Group at UBM, and presented in partnership with LIMA, the brand licensing industry’s leading trade organization. In addition to Authentic Vision, other sponsors already signed on to this year’s event include BrandComply.com, Boy Scouts of America, Dependable Solutions JPatton, OpSec and Trevco. Additional sponsorship opportunities are still available for companies looking to connect with the high-level executives who attend the NYC Summit. Please contact Sharon Weisman for additional details ([email protected]
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.