The yearly event will highlight licensing across fashion, music, events and more.
EUROPE–LIMA U.K. is preparing for its annual Licensing Essentials Course and Spring Fling networking party, which will take place May 3 at The Long Room in London.
During the day, the Licensing Essentials Course will present a program of seminars that explore best practices, new opportunities in the industry and current trends with speakers including:
- Sam Ferguson of Jazwares, who will present “Making Licensing Work for Manufacturers”
- Clara Fort of Brand Strategy Advice, who will present “Licensing Fashion Brands”
- Jeremy Goldsmith of Event Merchandising, who will speak about “Music and Event Licensing”
- Margaret Briffa of Briffa, who will present “Essential Legal Know-How”
- Henna Riaz of 360 Audit, who will speak about “Essential Financial Know-How”
- Gary Pope of Kids Industries, who will present “How Children and Their Parents Respond to Retail Environments”
- Amanda Gummer and Trudi Bishop of First Steppers, who will speak about “A New Way of Merchandising to Kids Between Nursery and Pre-School”
The event will also feature a timely panel, called “First Steppers–A New Way of Merchandising to Kids Between Nursery and Pre-School,” along with a close look at several key licensing sectors including fashion, music and events.
The second phase of the event will begin at 5 p.m. at Lords Pavilion with the annual Legendary Licensing Debate, followed by the Spring Fling party, which will include drinks and canapés as well as the opportunity to meet with other members of the licensing industry. The networking event is sponsored by Brand Comply.
“In one day, participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with–as well as exclusive insights into trends, not available anywhere else,” says Kelvyn Gardner, managing director, LIMA U.K. “Our Spring Fling networking party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts.”
Registration for the Licensing Essentials Course and Spring Fling networking party can be found here.