The Licensing Leadership Summit, which was set to take place this November in New York City, will now go virtual as part of Festival of Licensing. The Summit is the only virtual conference to unite C-level executives from the world’s largest players across manufacturing, retail and brands to discuss, debate and collaborate on the future of brand licensing. The executive conference will take place Oct. 28-29. Festival of Licensing is a four-week, large-scale virtual gathering bringing together the licensing industry from all corners of the world to connect, learn, strike deals and do business on an international stage.
“As with everything, if you look in the right places, there is always a silver lining,” says Amanda Cioletti, event and content director, Global Licensing Group, Informa Markets. “Transitioning Licensing Leadership Summit online and bringing live broadcast content to our attendees means our event is now more accessible than ever to a truly global C-suite audience, which means more diversity of speakers, more opportunities to connect and richer content on offer. We are excited for our speakers and content to reflect a world vision of the future of the brand licensing industry.”
First speakers are locked in
Drawing from modern art and youth culture to tackle top brand licensing trends and topics such as TikTok, eSports and gaming, to evergreens like museum licensing, early Licensing Leadership Summit speakers will include:
- Robin Sayetta, Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – Different by Design: MoMA’s Modern Approach to Museum Licensing
- Lauren Winarski, Funko – I Want it Now!: Using the Fan to Expand Distribution
- Stone Newman, Pocket.watch, and Shion Kaji, Ryan’s World – Influencers: Are they Delivering on their Brand Promise?
- Chris Petrovic, Zynga – How Games Ate the Licensing World
- Maca Rotter, Panaderia – Esports: The Hottest New Licensing Category
- Greg Goodfried, UTA – Session on TikTok
- Sid Kaufman, UTA, and Stevin John (Blippi), YouTube star – Digital Talent: The Future
- Max Luthy, Trendwatching – Finding Opportunity in the Overwhelm: Key Trends in Consumerism
- Connie Chang, C-Life Group, and Tonya Kirby, Retro Brands – What Do Licensees Want?
The Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets, the organization behind Licensing Leadership Summit and Festival of Licensing, is calling for additional speakers now and potential speakers are asked to visit Call For Papers to submit for topics or speaking opportunities.
“The Licensing Leadership Summit will bring together leaders and decision makers from around the world with the experience, expertise and influence to shape the future of the industry,” says Anna Knight, vice president, Global Licensing Group, Informa Markets. “They will analyze the huge, world-changing events of 2020 including, of course, the impact of COVID-19, and draw on key learnings from the previous three weeks of Festival of Licensing to drive strategic direction for this sector in 2021. It is an unmissable two-day event for all senior leaders working directly or indirectly with the licensing industry to play a critical role in ensuring this sector is fighting fit for a future beyond the pandemic.”
Delegate information can be found at www.licensingleadershipsummit.com.