April 6, 2018
Pop culture convention will take place in Los Angeles over Halloween weekend.
Tickets are now on sale for the annual convention, which will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center Oct. 31-Nov. 1. Kids under 12 are free.
Last year, close to 65,000 attendees turned out for the event, which was named ConHQ’s Con of the Year.
For 2015, Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo has assembled its largest lineup ever of stars from comic books, film and television, as well as panels, attractions and hundreds of artists and vendors offering rare comics, collectibles, art, toys and other merchandise.
Among the events planned for this year's show are:
- For the first time ever, William Shatner and Stan Lee will collaborate on a new project from LNL Partners, which will be unveiled at the con.
- Comic Book greats Stan Lee, Mike Mignola, Grant Morrison, Marc Silvestri and Rob Liefeld will be featured in special sessions and meet-and-greets.
- Special appearances by Summer Glau ("Firefly," Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles, "The 4400," "Arrow"), dancer-model-actress Dita von Teese and Christopher McDonald ("Thelma and Louise," "Happy Gilmore").
- Original "Star Trek" co-stars Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig will shuttle in from the Enterprise to sign autographs and meet fans.
- Cast members from the Nickelodeon comedies "All That" and "Pete and Pete" will gather for their series’ official West Coast reunions.
- Stan Lee will unveil his all-new Mega Museum, and sign copies of his new autobiography Amazing Fantastic Incredible.
- Elvira, Mistress of the Dark will usher in Halloween as only she can.
- Renowned vendors including Sanrio, Funko, Hot Topic and over 600 more will offer a collector’s paradise.
- The Cosplay National Championship will see thousands of fans transform themselves into their favorite heroes and villains to compete for more than $10,000 dollars in cash and prizes.
- The Prop Making Nationals championship-level prop event will award the Best of Show title to the competition’s top prop makers.
- The Halloween Cosplay Ball at Club Nokia will feature live performances and a DJ (free to all 3-day and Saturday badge holders).
- Power Rangers Pavilion featuring more than 25 Power Rangers from virtually every version of the series.
- LA’s Ultimate Trick-or-Treat for kids on Oct. 31 at noon, providing L.A.'s largest and safest indoor trick or treat event. Every vendor will be giving away candy from a stockpile of over 130,000 pieces.
- Kids’ Costume Contest for kids 12 and under.
- Kids' Hero Training by Vanaheim Studio’s Iron Shield Arms.
For more details on the show and to buy tickets visitComikazeExpo.com.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.