Beginning today, retailers are invited to apply for a place on Brand Licensing Europe’s 2021 Retail Mentoring Program. Thanks to the organizers offering a fully virtual as well as hybrid option this year, invitations to take part in the free-to-attend, CPD-accredited course are being extended to retailers from Europe as well as the U.K. for the first time.
The BLE Retail Mentoring Program is now in its 11th year and retailers from Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Selfridges, Halfords, Asda George, Ann Summers, River Island, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Toymaster, The Entertainer and Morrisons are among hundreds of alumni. Delivered through a series of seminars, workshops and 1-2-1 consultancy sessions, the 2021 BLE Retail Mentoring Program schedule includes:
- May: One-hour introductory meeting (virtual);
- June 17-18, over two half-days: Licensing Essentials Course delivered by Licensing International (virtual);
- June: The option to virtually drop into Max Publishing’s Licensing Awards judging day and cast a vote;
- August-October: Spend around 2.5 hours on a personalized brand owner experience day (live and/or virtual);
- Nov. 5: Half-day Licensing for Retail seminar (live/virtual); and
- Nov. 17-19: VIP admission to Brand Licensing Europe, where retailers can spend up to three days at Europe’s leading licensing event (live/virtual).
“We come across branded consumer products everyday – from V&A notebooks to Pokémon backpacks – but it’s not always obvious how brands can help to drive footfall and create additional revenue for retailers,” says Anna Knight, vice president, licensing, Informa Markets. “The Retail Mentoring Program offers European retailers the chance to better understand every aspect of brand licensing and provides them with all the tools needed to successfully get branded consumer products onto store shelves. With the growing importance for retailers to stand-out, the program covers everything from identifying new trends, finding and securing the right partners and suppliers and driving a great customer experience through branded products. It means so much to us that we’ve been able to support over 400 retailers on the program over the last 11 years, and we’re really excited we can now welcome European retailers to join us for 2021.”
Retail Mentoring Program delegate benefits include:
- Insight from best-in-class retailers, agents and brand owners on how successful licensing partnerships are delivered across a range of categories from apparel to homeware;
- Brand owner experience days where retailers can spend a day (in-person or online) with a leading brand to better understand what goes into a successful licensing partnership;
- Brand discovery sessions – find out who owns what brands and how to build relationships;
- Visual merchandising workshops - learn how to make consumer products stand-out online and in-store;
- Introductions to important new contacts and social events within the licensing industry;
- Practical insights into building a licensing program; and
- Understanding critical legal, technical, financial and licensing terminology.
Retailers can apply for a free delegate place on the program here. Applications will remain open until Friday, May 28.