BLE Program Breaks Record
Brand Licensing has announced 55 delegates on board for its 2019 Retail Mentoring Programme, surpassing the 54 who completed the CPD-accredited course last year.
Retailers taking part for the first time include Next, Jo Jo Maman Bébé, Cool Clobber and Pep & Co. Sainsbury’s, Asda George, Tesco, John Lewis and The Entertainer are returning this year, and character.com, Hamleys, M&Co, Morrisons Nutmeg, River Island and Truffle Shuffle have also confirmed.
Retailers can apply for the program online here until April 30. BLE welcomes applications from:
• Buyers and designers with existing licensing programs
• Buyers and designers engaged in licensing but want further developments
• Merchandising individuals and teams
• Teams who would like to learn how to develop their licensing relationships
• Teams looking for cross-category opportunities
• Individuals new to retail and hoping to develop their career and expertise within licensing
“What a fantastic start to this year’s program,” says Anna Knight, event director, BLE. “To have U.K. High Street powerhouses like Next and Jo Jo Maman Bébé recognize the benefits of licensing and sign up for our Retail Mentoring Programme for the first time is a huge deal for us. I hope it encourages other retailers to apply and reap the rewards.
“We’ve invested a lot of time in getting the content of this program exactly right for buyers, managers and creatives, as well as promoting the cross-category benefits of licensing, so it’s encouraging to see a more diverse range of job titles on the delegate list this year. In addition to apparel and childrenswear, we have buyers from games, gifts, film, books and video games.”
BLE’s Retail Mentoring Programme educates retailers about the benefits of licensing–which include new customer acquisition, increased customer loyalty, the opportunity to stock wider and exclusive product ranges, and enhanced margins and profitability–and helps them make more informed decisions when negotiating licensing deals and discovering new brand partners.
Delivered through a series of seminars, workshops and one-to-one consultancy sessions, the £499 program is CPD-accredited and delivered free of charge to qualifying retailers, who receive:
• A place at the Licensing Essentials Course and Spring Fling in May, organized by LIMA
• An invitation to judge the Licensing Awards, organized by Max Publishing
• A place at the Retail Mentoring Programme’s closing conference
• Access to exclusive retail content at BLE, where they can meet more than 260 leading brand owners and agents across entertainment, art, sports, corporate brands, gaming, heritage and more
• A full day with a licensor to help them to understand licensing from the brand owner side, as well as receiving tips on how to work effectively with some of the world’s best-known properties and agents. Previous hosts have included The Point.1888, NBC Universal, Natural History Museum and Nickelodeon Viacom Consumer Products.
Brand Licensing Europe takes place October 1-3, 2019 at ExCeL in London.