Top brands secure distinctions in categories including art, entertainment, food and beverage and more.
|LIMA Rising Star Recipients|
The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association held its annual awards ceremony Tuesday night, with Hot Topic taking the top honor of Retailer of the Year for its Suicide Squad program and Warner Bros. Consumer Products walking away with three awards.
The evening also inducted Allan Feldman, chief executive officer and founder of LMCA; Dell Furano, chief executive officer and founder of Epic Rights; and Cyril Speijer, former chief executive officer of Wavery Productions and current co-principal of BN Licensing, into the LIMA Licensing Hall of Fame.
The LIMA International Licensing Awards were held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
“This year’s award winners represent world-class licensing programs and products from around our global industry,” says Charles Riotto, president, LIMA. “We are proud to recognize and honor the achievements of these companies–chosen from a record 461 submissions this year–for their impressive initiatives and outstanding results.”
The winners are:
- Art/Design: V&A–Victoria and Albert Museum
- Celebrity/Fashion–Open Hearts by Jane Seymour–Jane Seymour Designs/Licensing Matters
- Character/Toy Brand–“DC Super Hero Girls”–WBCP
- Corporate Brand: Girl Scouts of the USA–Girl Scouts of the USA/The Wildflower Group
- Digital: “Five Nights at Freddy’s”–Scottgames/Striker Entertainment
- Film/TV/Entertainment–Animated: “Paw Patrol”–Spin Master
- Film/TV/Entertainment–Live-Action: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story–Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
- Food & Beverage/Restaurant: Corona–Constellation Brands/The Joester Loria Group
- Sports: NFLPA–NFLPA
- Licensed Promotion: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice & Turkish Airlines–Warner Bros. Consumer Products/Lisans
- Location-Based or Experiential Initiative: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter–Hogsmeade at Universal Studios Hollywood–WBCP
- Retailer: Hot Topic–Suicide Squad licensing program
- Apparel/Footwear/Accessories: Coach–Mickey & Minnie Mouse/Disney Coach Collection
- Appliances/Automotive/Electronics/Hardware/Housewares/Paint: Select Brands–Disney/Pixar – Pixar Collection Slow Cooker
- Digital: Next Games–“AMC’s The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land” mobile game
- Food/Beverage: Finsbury Foods–Shopkins Cupcake Queen Cake; and The J.M. Smucker Company–Pillsbury Girl Scout Cookie Inspired Baking Mixes
- Health & Beauty Aids: Clinique–Crayola Limited Edition Chubby Stick Lip Balm
- Home Décor: Jay Franco & Sons–Star Wars Back-to-College & Adult Bedding
- Publishing/Social Expression/Back-to-School: Scholastic–Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes Novel
- Toys/Games/Novelties/Role Play: Mattel–“DC Super Hero Girls” Action Figures