Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a part of WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences, will roll out the largest Looney Tunes merchandise collection in decades ahead of the new Warner Bros. Pictures movie “Space Jam: A New Legacy.”
Collaborations include brands such as Nike, Vilebrequin, Spalding, the Cotton On Group and Moose Toys and capsule collections from Uninterrupted, a brand launched by athletes LeBron James and business person Maverick Carter, as well as an array of regional international partners.
“The original ‘Space Jam’ was a cultural phenomenon when it debuted in 1996, so it’s no surprise that premier partners around the world are inspired by ‘Space Jam: A New Legacy’ and excited to bring a new collection to a new generation of fans,” says Robert Oberschelp, senior vice president, franchise management and marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “We are excited to collaborate with such elite brands to deliver a robust lineup of merchandise that unites the singular style of LeBron James with the iconic fun of the Looney Tunes characters.”
WBCP’s “Space Jam: A New Legacy” collection features products across multiple categories and locations:
- Fashion: WBCP’s “Space Jam: A New Legacy”-inspired fashion collections include Nike and Vilebrequin; plus-size apparel at Torrid; streetwear fashions from Tommy Hilfiger, Bait, Madhappy, Diamond Supply and NTWRK x UNKNWN; and additional lines from Members Only, Forever21, MeUndies, PSD, Bleacher Report, Rue21 from Hybrid and Freeze and Pac Sun from Bioworld in the mix. Capsule collections will be released by Junk Food Clothing, Pottery Barn Teen and Cakeworthy, along with gamer jerseys, hats, hoodies and t-shirts all available on UNINTERRUPTED. Kids’ fashions include pieces from the Gap, Haus of JR and Outerstuff;
- Footwear: Youth and adult styles from Nike’s “Space Jam” collection includes jerseys, tanks, hoodies, jackets, socks and backpacks. Converse’s new graphic Looney Tunes sneakers in adult and youth sizes feature Looney Tunes designs and animation themes. Crocs will unveil “Space Jam: A New Legacy” slide-ons;
- Accessories: Debuting for back to school, “Space Jam: A New Legacy” will include backpacks, lunch bags and other supplies. Partners such as Sprayground, Danielle Nicole, Loungefly, Accessory Innovations and Fast Forward will release backpacks, court bags and more. Fossil will release its exclusive “Space Jam” by Fossil capsule collection, featuring collectible accessories and a limited-edition box set on July 7. The collaboration includes three collections with limited-edition watches, backpacks, small leather goods and more. Digital watch faces and bands by Mobyfox, a limited-edition collection of watches by Undone and more styles from Accutime along with bracelets from Alex and Ani will be included in the accessories releases. Caps, beanies and other headwear by Junk Brands, Love Your Melon, Mitchell & Ness and New Era, and socks and hosiery by Stance, Hypnotic Hats, Highpoint, Berkshire and Rock Em’ Socks will also be included;
- Sporting Goods: Spalding will release a new merchandise line including exclusive hoops and balls and other limited-edition merchandise, hitting U.S. and international retailers, Spalding.com and the “Spalding” app this June;
- Home Goods: Franco’s movie-themed bedding for kids includes blankets, throws, comforters and more. Hallmark, GeekiTikis and more bring the Looney Tunes squad to the kitchen and beyond.
- Toys & Collectibles: Moose Toys released its “Space Jam: A New Legacy”-inspired toys. The toy range features regular refreshes and new introductions throughout the fall and holiday season. Funko’s “Space Jam: A New Legacy” assortment includes nine Pop! figures, five Pop! keychains, 12 Mystery minis and a “Space Jam: A New Legacy” Funkoverse board game. For collectors, there are three exclusives – a 10-inch Lebron James Jumbo Pop! and flocked Tasmanian devil available at Walmart, a LeBron James variant Funko Pop! available at Amazon, and a Porky Pig coming soon to Funko.com. GameStop offers a collector’s box with items like crew socks, a mini basketball, a water bottle, a Bugs Bunny pin and a LeBron Smols. Additional toys, games and collectibles collections include Hasbro, Mattel, Upper Deck and more, which will continue to roll out all year long;
- Food & Beverage: General Mills’ “Space Jam: A New Legacy” limited-edition cereal celebrates Tunes vs. Goons, combining berry-flavored cereal with bunny and basketball marshmallows. It will be available for a limited time starting May 31. Kraft Heinz has revealed its “Space Jam- inspired Kraft Mac & Cheese and limited-edition onesie pajamas. The Kraft Mac & Cheese “Space Jam: A New Legacy” boxes feature movie-inspired noodle shapes, like basketballs and bunnies. The new 10-ounce box comes adorned with Looney Tunes characters including Bugs Bunny, Lola Bunny, Tweety Bird, Marvin the Martian and LeBron James and will be available at retailers nationwide for $2.49 starting June 1. McDonald’s, Ferrara Candy Company and more are also upcoming food and beverage partners;
- Pet Products: A BarkBox with “Space Jam: A New Legacy”-themed chew toys and plush squeak toys will be available through the BarkBox website;
- Publishing: With more than 20 titles, the “Space Jam: A New Legacy” publishing program includes Penguin Random House, offering movie tie-ins, readers, books and activity books for all ages. A Little Golden Book called Tune Squad, a picture book called Tunes vs. Goons and a Junior Novelization: Space Jam: A New Legacy are just a few titles from their program. Coloring and activity books from Bendon and novelty book formats from Phidal are also included. From writer Ivan Cohen (The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries) and multiple artists, Space Jam: A New Legacy from DC Publishing is the graphic novel adaptation of the animated/live-action movie will be on sale June 29;
- EMEA: fashion partners include H&M (Worldwide), Primark (U.S. and Europe), Fanatics, Snipes (Europe), LPP (Europe, Middle East) and many more to be announced;
- Asia Pacific: A Bathing Ape, Carnival and Freak’s Store some of the partners creating “Space Jam: A New Legacy”-inspired fashions and footwear. The Converse footwear and hat collection will only be available in the Asia Pacific region in Japan;
- Australia and New Zealand: EB Games will offer adult tees, headwear, accessories and stationery. Best & Less will welcome “Space Jam: A New Legacy” to Australia with a new range that includes sleepwear and outerwear. Big W will feature a range of toys, games and puzzles from Moose Toys, Hasbro and MJM, as well as youth and adult fashions; and
- Latin America: Back to school products will be released with designs from Cuidado con el Perro, Paris, Ruz, Urbania, Centauro, Colecao and more. In Mexico, there will be Cuidado con el Perro t-shirts, Urbania backpacks, Ruz plush and costumes and novelty board games. In Chile, Colombia and Peru, Paris, Stilotex and Ripley will give fans access to “Space Jam: A New Legacy”-inspired products. In Brazil, fashion and toys will be available from partners such as Grendene, BandUp!, Piticas, Renner, Marisa, Cartel 011, Acuo, Iron Studios, Riachuelo, Grow and Jandaia, among others and Rasip will offer new “Space Jam: A New Legacy”-inspired food. An exclusive “Space Jam: A New Legacy” fashion collection with designer Alexandre Herchcovitch under his brand ÁLG will be revealed soon.
“Space Jam: A New Legacy” will be in theaters nationwide on July 16, and on HBO Max in the U.S. for 31 days from theatrical release.