Viz Media Celebrates 20 Years of ‘Naruto’
To mark the upcoming 20th anniversary of manga and anime series “Naruto,” master licensor Viz Media has brought the brand and its long line of characters to Licensing Expo 2019.
The “Naruto” franchise includes the original manga series and the “Naruto” and “Naruto Shippuden” anime series and feature films, as well as the latest manga and anime sequel, “Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.”
Officially licensed partners for the franchise include:
- Bandai America (6.5-inch articulated action figures);
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America (video game);
- Bioworld (apparel and accessories);
- Fanwraps (decals and stickers);
- Funko (collections of POP! and vinyl figures);
- Good Smile Company (a collection of Nendoroid figures);
- Great Eastern (novelty accessories);
- Kura Sushi: (restaurant chain activation);
- Just Funky (drinkware and accessories);
- Loyal Subjects (a collection of action vinyls);
- McFarlane Toys (ultra-articulation action figures);
- Party City (Halloween costumes);
- Pyramid (posters and stationaries);
- Ripple Junction (apparel and accessories);
- Spirit Halloween (Halloween costumes);
- Sprayground (backpacks);
- Toynami (collection of statues);
- Trends International (posters);
- Traly (collection of enamel pins for Target) and
- Uniqlo (apparel).
Latin American partners for “Naruto” include:
- DeAgostini (artwork collections);
- Heredia Clothing (apparel);
- Rosstamp Confeccao e Estamparia Ltda AKA Piticas (apparel) and
- Festcolor Artigos De Festas Ltda (party goods, stickers).
Over “Naruto’s” 20-year run, the show has spawned countless iterations of consumer products from licensees including Funko, Fanwraps, Bandai America, Bioworld, Good Smile Company and McFarlane Toys.