“While technology will be one of the biggest drivers of marketing change in the New Year, the key focus for brands will be on delivering truly integrated strategies," says James Thomlinson, partner and managing director, Bell Pottinger Digital. “Every year new hardware and software appears, but the most successful brands in 2015 will be those that harness new technology to deliver a single experience to consumers wherever they are in their journey."
The top five digital trends of 2015 will be:
- Near-field communications (358 percent increase from 2013): by 2017 half of today’s smartphone users will use mobile wallets for their preferred payment method
- Internet of things (283 percent increase): 25 billion connected ‘things’ will be in use by 2020
- Wearables (220 percent increase): more than 79 million wearables will be sold next year
- Internal communications (167 percent increase): in 2015 half of corporate network devices will be mobile
- Storytelling (145 percent increase): visual blog posts drive 180 percent more engagement
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.