Sony Kicks Off ‘Cobra Kai’ Deals
Sony Pictures Consumer Products has kicked off a cross-category licensing program in advance of the second season of “Cobra Kai” on YouTube.
The slate of new deals includes licensees in the apparel, collectibles, costumers, home goods, beverages and publishing product categories. Official licensees for “Cobra Kai” season two include:
- Halloween and Party City Holdings for costumes inspired by “Cobra Kai” including karate uniforms and headbands;
- Silver Screen Bottling Company for the first-ever official “Cobra Kai” alcoholic beverage as a 12-oz.-bottled branded IPA craft beer;
- Bioworld for “Cobra Kai” collections including apparel such as sleepwear, headwear, hosiery and accessories;
- Active Brand Commerce, Caprice Australia and Fifth Sun for “Cobra Kai” t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, sleepwear and socks;
- Surreal Entertainment for water bottles, stickers, duffle bags, wrist and headbands;
- Impact Rock for notebooks, stationery, calendars, posters, wall art, key chains, rugs and mats, luggage accessories and coasters;
- Funko for “Cobra Kai” action figures, phone accessories, backpacks, keychains, belts and buckles and hats and
- NECA for all-new action figures inspired by “Cobra Kai” main characters.
Some “Cobra Kai” newly-licensed products will also be available exclusively at Spencer’s retail locations across the country on April 22 and via TeeSprings’ new online shop this summer.
“Cobra Kai” is a YouTube original series based on The Karate Kid film franchise. It follows a redemptive Johnny Lawrence after he reopens the Cobra Kai dojo and reignites his rivalry with Daniel LaRusso more than 30 years after the events of the first Karate Kid movie.