April 6, 2018
Owned and operated by the U.S. Toy Industry Association, New York Toy Fair will open its doors at the Jacob Javits Convention Center Saturday and continue through Tuesday, Feb. 17.
An estimated 30,000 global play professionals, including international buyers from more than 7,000 retail outlets are expected to attend.
“[New York] Toy Fair is gearing up to be an exciting and playful event, with nearly 1,100 passionate exhibitors providing visitors with a sneak peek at the products that will be on kids’ wish lists this holiday season,” says Marian Bossard, senior vice president, global market events, TIA. “On top of trend spotting and product sourcing, industry professionals from nearly 100 countries will participate in Toy Fair’s myriad educational and networking opportunities that make our New York City marketplace unlike any other toy show in the world.”
- The Toy of the Year Awards (this evening)
- Licensing Content Connection (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)–Four dedicated educational sessions created specifically for the world of licensing. Click here for more information.
- TIA's Independent Thinking (Saturday and Sunday)–Drop-in educational opportunities that provide practical information for the independent or specialty retailer.
- Digital Kids Conference & Toys, Learning and Play Summit (co-located alongside NY Toy Fair all four days, produced by Digital Kids Media)
- Global Trade and Market Expansion sessions (Sunday)–These sessions will provide information to assist companies in assessing opportunities both domestically and in the global marketplace, focusing on economic indicators, demographics, trends and influencers in the U.S. (8:30 a.m.), Mexico (11 a.m.) and Australia (2 p.m.).
- Toy Trends Briefing (4 p.m., Sunday)–TIA’s toy trends team will highlight the top trends and where to find them.
- TIA's Creative Factor (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)–Drop-in educational opportunities organized in cooperation with Brett Klisch of Peru Meridian Studios. These sessions will bring together inventors, designers and other creative professionals to network and share information and resources on a variety of topics, including project funding, negotiating agreements, innovative technologies and protecting your inventions.
- Screening of I am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story (Monday)– a feature-length documentary that explores the life and times of Caroll Spinney, creator of "Sesame Street’s" Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.
Read more about:
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.