JumpStart Games has announced a new official Neopets merchandise licensing program based on the brand and gaming franchise.
Not only will the licensees be creating physical merchandise but fans will also receive codes with purchase of select merchandise which ties into their Neopets’ gaming experiences. To identify the best licensing partners, Neopets has partnered with Carlin West Agency.
“For over 20 years, Neopets fans have shown their passion for the brand by collecting
both virtual and physical Neopets content,” says Scott Nocas, executive vice president, business development and marketing, JumpStart Games. “As we expand the Neopets brand, players
and fans have asked for new opportunities to own a piece of Neopets. We are excited to
announce a new official merchandise licensing program that lets fans bring home their
favorite Neopets collectibles, apparel, jewelry and more.”
Neopets has revealed the following consumer merchandise partnerships:
- Hot Topic: A new collection of Neopets T-shirts has launched on Hot Topic.com, where fans can choose from a variety of classic Neopets designs, as well as festive options in time for the holidays.
- What’s Your Passion Jewelry: Collect Korbat, Wocky, Jetsam, Grundo, Acara
- and more. Available in sterling silver and 14k gold, these pieces come with an in-game code to redeem items on Neopets.com. Neopets fans can also expect to see an extensive collection of premium hard-enamel glitter pins from What’s Your Passion Jewelry.
- Geekify: Branded Neopets blankets featuring Faeries and Neopets as well as rare Paint Brushes and Petpet enamel pins and embroidered patches. Purchases come with in-game codes that fans can redeem on their Neopets.com account.
- H3 Apparel: Neopets has partnered with H3 Sportgear for a line of men’s, women’s, junior’s and children’s accessories and headwear featuring Neopets graphics. The program will kick off just in time for the holiday season at Hot Topic physical retail stores with a selection of Neopet’s T-shirts and joggers.
- Squip: Starting in Spring 2021, Squip.com will be offering full color print-on-demand 3D figures of Neopets favorites like Dr.Sloth, Hannah and the Kougra.
In addition, Neopets is recognizing the passion and skill of its artist fanbase by launching a fan artist partnership program. Neopets will hire artists from the community to create designs and art for licensees and new merchandise. The program will begin with Krista Staggs – also known as @Kuitsuku – the longtime Neopets artist who has been featured in lootcrate and Kotaku and Anthony Conley the designer behind many of the Neopets, petpets, faeries and popular plot characters in 2000’s, As the program expands in 2021, Neopets will be adding new artists and merchandise.
“Neopets is a positive outlet for our users, especially during these crazy times and we’re
really excited to continue to grow and expand the brand,” says Stephanie Lord, brand manager, Neopets. “We are actively releasing updates to the site (converting to Flash, a site refresh amongst others) and now we can add merchandise items to that list.”
Future merchandise launches in 2021 include plush toys, collectable figures, comics, accessories, gift and novelty, stationery and more.