Licensing’s top young talent will be recognized at the International Licensing Awards ceremony, May 22 during Licensing Expo.
NORTH AMERICA–The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association has revealed the licensing industry’s Rising Stars Award winners for 2018.
|Winners of the 2017 Rising Star Awards|
The annual award identifies industry professionals up to 35-years-old with one to seven years of experience who have a strong commitment to and passion for the licensing business. Other criteria for the award include: individuals who seek additional professional development opportunities to improve their skills, have shown innovation in planning and implementing successful licensing strategies and have demonstrated leadership potential.
“The Rising Stars Awards recognize the next generation of leaders in the licensing business–those who show true tenacity and have impacted their companies and the industry right from the start,” says Maura Regan, executive vice president, LIMA. “We received a tremendous number of worthy candidates and finalizing the list down to this select group was an enormous challenge. We are excited to honor and celebrate them amongst their peers at our Awards Ceremony and look forward to hearing more from these future game-changers in the years to come.”
This year’s winners will be recognized during Licensing Expo at LIMA’s 2018 International Licensing Awards ceremony, May 22, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
This year’s full list of winners includes:
- Mandy Bardisbanian, buyer, cosmetics, Hot Topic
- Fernanda Coutinho, associate director, brand management, Beanstalk
- Peter Cross, brand manager, Broad Street Licensing Group
- Nick Manzo, account executive, Seltzer Licensing
- Leon Maratchi, senior manager, retail, Cartoon Network
- Meghan Mernin, director, licensing, Epic Rights
- Mimi Nicosia, senior manager, consumer product group, Nickelodeon
- Mariana Orvananos, head, marketing, La Panaderia Licensing & Marketing
- Sally Russell, associate licensing manager, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation
- Danielle Tanton, live events and attractions manager, DHX Brands