Executives from Striker Entertainment, NFLPA, Sony Pictures and more fill out LIMA Board of Directors.
Five new members have been elected to the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association Board of Directors.
New members of the LIMA Board of Directors for 2017 are:
- J.J. Ahearn, managing director, Licensing Street
- Marc Mostman, partner, Striker Entertainment
- Celso Rafael, general manager, Exim Character Licenciamento e Marketing
- Steven Scebelo, vice president, licensing and business development, NFL Players Association
- Jamie Stevens, executive vice president, worldwide consumer products, Sony Pictures Entertainment
Terms are for three years beginning July 1.
In addition, Cindy Levitt, senior vice president, merchandise and marketing at Hot Topic, was re-elected as Vice Chairman, and Ted Larkins, senior vice president and general manager at CPLG North America was re-elected as Board Designate to the Executive Committee, each for one-year terms. Ciaran Coyle, global vice president and head, global brand licensing, Electrolux Global Marketing, continues as LIMA Board Chairman.
“This year we welcome five dynamic individuals who will bring valuable perspective and enthusiasm to an already impassioned group of industry leaders,” says Charles Riotto, president, LIMA. “LIMA and the licensing industry continue to grow on a global scale, and we are well poised with our Board of Directors to truly shape the future.”
Returning to the Board of Directors are:
- Jay Asher, partner, Brandgenuity
- Richard Barry, executive vice president, global merchandising officer, Toys ‘R’ Us
- David Buckley, president, Copyrights Asia
- Andrew Carley, head of global licensing, Entertainment One
- Elise Contarsy, vice president, brand licensing, Meredith Corporation
- Eric Karp, general manager, outbound licensing, Crayola
- Linne Kimball, vice president, strategic partnerships, The Life is Good Company
- Kelly Knock, licensing lead/category manager, global licensing, Under Armour
- Maria Del Carmen (Maca) Rotter Alday, chief executive officer, Panaderia Licensing & Marketing
- Neal Rudge, partner, Pacific Licensing Studio
- Leigh Anne Schwarzkopf, co-founder, Project Partners Network
Greg Battersby of The Battersby Law Group remains General Counsel
“I am very pleased to have such an enormously talented and diverse group of board members lending their expertise to LIMA as we seek new opportunities to serve the evolving needs of the global licensing community,” says Coyle.
LIMA Board members whose terms expired this year are Henry Stupp, chief executive officer, Cherokee Global Brands; Tim Kilpin, president and chief executive officer, Activision Blizzard Consumer Products; and John Parham, president, Parham Santana.
To qualify for Board service, a LIMA member must be an active participant in the licensing industry for a minimum of five years as well as involved in one or more LIMA activities during the past three years. All candidates were required to submit a letter to the LIMA Board of Directors describing their qualifying activities and what they would contribute to the Association and the industry as a Board member.