April 6, 2018
took top honors at the event.
The property won Best Overall Licensed Program as well as recognition in the Film, Television or Entertainment (Animated) Program category. Additionally, retailer Kohl’s received the Retailer of the Year award for its
presentation; and Jakks Pacific won in the Hard Goods category for its
Snow Glow Elsa doll.
“We’re delighted to recognize the huge impact that all of our Awards winners have had in the marketplace, including
as 2014’s top success story,” says Charles Riotto, president, LIMA. “These achievements underscore the high caliber of today’s licensing initiatives and the significance of licensed properties and brands throughout the world.”
The full list of 2015 award winners follows:
- Celebrity or Music Program–Modest Management/Global Merchandising Services for One Direction
- Character or Toy Brand Program–Hasbro for My Little Pony
- Character or Toy Brand Licensee: Hard Goods–LAFOOD for Sesame Street healthy food
- Character or Toy Brand Licensee: Soft Goods–Under Armour for the Captain America collection
- Corporate Brand Program–Scripps Networks/Beanstalk for HGTV Home
- Corporate Brand Licensee–Reynolds Consumer Products/Hefty Brand for Arm & Hammer/Hefty Ultimate waste bags
- Digital Program–Mojang for Minecraft
- Digital Licensee–Jazwares for Minecraft Overworld Series #2 toys
- Film, Television or Entertainment (Animated) Program–The Walt Disney Company/Disney Consumer Products for Disney’s Frozen
- Film, Television or Entertainment (Animated) Licensee: Hard Goods–(tie) Jakks Pacific for Disney’s Frozen/Snow Glow Elsa doll; Playmates Toys for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles product line
- Film, Television or Entertainment (Animated) Licensee: Soft Goods–Havaianas for Despicable Me flip flops
- Film, Television or Entertainment (Live Action) Program–NBCUniversal International Television Production/Knockout Licensing for “Downton Abbey”
- Film, Television or Entertainment (Live Action) Licensee: Hard Goods–Lovehoney for Fifty Shades of Grey: Official Pleasure collection
- Film, Television or Entertainment (Live Action) Licensee: Soft Goods – Accessory Innovations for Star Wars R2D2 light-up and voice-activated backpack
- Licensed Promotion–AMC/Striker Entertainment for AMC “The Walking Dead” Carnage Asada Slim Jim beef sticks
- Lifestyle: Art, Design or Fashion Program–Eric Carle Studio/The Joester Loria Group for The Very Hungry Caterpillar/The World of Eric Carle
- Lifestyle: Art, Design or Fashion Licensee–Samick Musical Instrument Co. for Paul Frank musical instruments line
- Location-Based or Experiential Initiative–Warner Bros. Consumer Products for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Retailer–Kohl’s Department Stores for Disney’s Frozen
- Sports or Sports-Themed Entertainment Program–FIFA for World Cup
- Sports or Sports-Themed Entertainment Licensee–ISC Sports Pty for National Rugby League and Marvel Heroes jerseys
- Overall Best Licensed Program–The Walt Disney Company/Disney Consumer Products for Disney’s Frozen
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.