LIMA Names 2019 Rising Stars
LIMA has tapped thought leaders from PEZ Candy, Pocket.watch, and Flowhaven in its latest list of rising stars in licensing.
An executive committee chose this year's Rising Stars following an open nomination period for any young licensing professionals. Eligible candidates were required to be under the age of 35 years old and have no more than seven years of industry experience.
“We’re so excited to showcase this group of talented young professionals who have already begun to make their mark on the licensing business,” says Maura Regan, president, LIMA. “And of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Looking through all the nominations we received, there were so many deserving candidates. Winnowing down the list to just eight was a real challenge, but a good one to have because it highlights the broad pool of talented, savvy businesspeople making their way up the ranks.”
- Barbara Adu, product manager, PEZ Candy, Inc.
- Sophie Booth, business development manager, Brandgenuity
- Nemo Bussu, licensing manager, KIDdesigns,
- Hélène El Arouni, senior consumer products manager, TF1 Entertainment/Licenses
- Pablo Franco, senior manager, operations and licensing, International Management Group
- Sophia Hunter, director, brand integrations, Pocket.watch
- Mireille Maragakis, manager, advisory, KMPG
- Kalle Törmä, founder and chief executive officer, Flowhaven
Previous Rising Star winners include young industry professionals from companies such as Hot Topic, Beanstalk and Cartoon Network.