April 6, 2018
Open to all Licensing Expo attendees, this year the awards will be hosted by British comedian/actor Jim Tavare. The even kicks off with a reception at 5:45 p.m. tonight in the Islander Ballroom at Mandalay Bay, and the show will begin at 6:15 p.m. The Harlem Globetrotters will kick off the event with a special performance.
The Licensing Awards will honor the best of licensing across 11 categories including Overall Best Licensed Program.
This year’s nominees for Overall Best Licensed Program are:
- AMC "The Walking Dead" (AMC/Striker Entertainment)
- Disney’s Frozen (The Walt Disney Company/Disney Consumer Products)
- "Downton Abbey" (NBCUniversal International Television Production/Knockout Licensing)
- "Minecraft" (Mojang)
- My Little Pony (Hasbro)
- One Direction (Modest Management/Global Merchandising Services)
- Scotts Miracle-Gro (The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company/Seltzer Licensing Group)
- Stanley Black + Decker, DeWalt (Stanley Black & Decker/Beanstalk)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar/The World of Eric Carle (Eric Carle Studio/The Joester Loria Group)
- World Cup (FIFA)
The newest inductee into the Licensing Hall of Fame, Cheryl Stoebenau, president, CAS Marketing, will also be honored at the show. Stoebenau began her licensing career in 1972 with Hallmark, then moved to Calico as executive director of licensing, working on Cabbage Patch Kids before forming her own agency in 1986.
She has continually demonstrated her commitment and dedication to the industry as a trusted, valuable licensing resource and industry mentor. As a member of the licensing community, she served on the LIMA board of directors for two terms and her work for LIMA’s charity committee has helped the group to raise $5 million for the Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.