April 6, 2018
The newly chosen industry executives who began serving three-year terms on July 1 are:
- Richard Barry, executive vice president, global chief merchandising officer, Toys 'R' Us
- David Buckley, president, Copyrights Asia
- Elise Contarsy, vice president, brand licensing, Meredith
- Linne Kimball, vice president, WME/IMG Licensing
- Ted Larkins, senior vice president and general manager, Copyright Promotions Licensing Group North America
- Maria Del Carmen Rotter Alday, managing director and executive vice president, Televisa Consumer Products
In addition, Ciaran Coyle, global vice president and head of global brand licensing at Electrolux Global Marketing, was elected vice chairman; and Christian Fortmann, partner and European trademark attorney at 24IP Law Group was named Board Designate to the Executive Committee, each for one-year terms. Rick Van Brimmer of Ohio State University will continue as LIMA Board Chairman.
“We’re excited about our new slate of board members whose wide-ranging backgrounds and extensive experience across the global licensing industry bring a valuable 360-degree perspective to the organization,” says LIMA President Charles Riotto. “I look forward to working with this group of industry leaders, who will help facilitate LIMA’s growth
In separate news, LIMA U.K. is now accepting submissions for its Rising Stars award. Nominations are due by July 14.
The winner will be named during the Young Licensing Professionals Networking Event July 23 and will receive ongoing mentoring support from former LIMA board member Bettina Koeckler of 20th Century Fox and LIMA U.K.’s managing director, Kelvyn Gardner.
The Young Professionals event will begin with career advice from a panel of licensing industry experts followed by the naming of the 2015 U.K. Rising Star and conclude with an opportunity for young licensing professionals to network and connect.
for more details and to make a nomination.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.