April 6, 2018
The following five executives were elected to three-year terms that will begin on July 1:
- Mike Brown, vice president, licensing and partnership management, American Greetings–A longstanding member of LIMA, Brown has worked for American Greetings since 2005 where he manages all the social expression content needs of the company and oversees rights acquisitions for IP opportunities in North America, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand. His career also includes time spent at Western Publishing, Beach Products, Contempo Colors and Keebler.
- Marilu Corpus, president and chief executive officer, CLICK! Licensing Asia–Corpus returns to the LIMA board after having served from 2007-2010. In 1998, Corpus founded Click! Licensing Asia in the Philippines and manages properties that range from lifestyle and entertainment to educational brands.
- Paul Flett, brand management and licensing agent, United Talent Agency–Flett brings to the LIMA Board 25 years of experience in media, licensing, consumer marketing and sales. At UTA, Flett manages existing brands, acquires and develops new ones and develops international opportunities for the agency’s talent roster. Prior to joining UTA, Flett was the senior vice president of licensing for Skechers and has also held senior positions at Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Munchkin, Sega Europe, Mattel, L’Oréal and Nestle.
- Christian Fortmann, managing partner, 24 IP Law Group–Based in Munich, Germany, Fortmann holds a Master of Laws degree in intellectual property litigation from Nottingham Trent University in the U.K. Fortmann has been an active member of LIMA Germany for more than 12 years.
- Darran Garnham, chief business development officer, Mind Candy–Garnham is in charge of developing and implementing Mind Candy’s global licensing strategy and has extensive experience in IP management across a wide variety of mediums. Based in London, he currently manages the global off-line expansion of Mind Candy’s Moshi Monsters brand. Prior to joining Mind Candy, Garnham was responsible for establishing and managing a network of offices throughout 22 countries in Eastern Europe and CIS for Kidz Entertainment.
“As LIMA continues its mission of expanding the success of the worldwide licensing business, we look to industry professionals with a variety of expertise to ensure we have outstanding contributors from all sides of the business,” says Charles Riotto, president, LIMA. “Mike, Marilu, Paul, Christian and Darran each possess distinctive qualities and a unique perspective that will make them invaluable to our board of directors and the overall organization. We look forward to all the great things LIMA can accomplish with the addition of our newest board members.”
Returning to the board of directors are Chairperson Maura Regan (Sesame Workshop), vice-chairperson Rick Van Brimmer (The Ohio State University), Ciáran Coyle (Beanstalk U.K.), Dell Furano (Epic Rights), Elias Hofman (Exim Licensing),Susie Lecker (Fisher-Price), Marty Malysz (Dependable Solutions), Sara Nemerov (Warner Music Group), Carla Peyton (BBC Worldwide Americas), Jennifer Richmond (Richmond Management Group), James Slifer (The Joester Loria Group), Cheryl Stoebenau (CAS Marketing) and Peter Yoder (Cartoon Network Enterprises). Greg Battersby of The Battersby Law Group remains general counsel.
LIMA Board members whose terms expire this year are Liz Kalodner (CBS Consumer Products), Bettina Koeckler (20th Century Fox), Peter Boder (United Labels) and Charles Schnaid (Miller, Kaplan, Arase & Co.).
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.