Licensing Expo 2017 will take place in conjunction with the inaugural Licensing Week.
UBM’s Global Licensing Group, organizers of Licensing Expo, has opened attendee registration for the world’s largest licensing industry event.
In addition, the Global Licensing Group has unveiled the blueprint for Licensing Week, taking place May 22-25, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. Licensing Week will bring together new and returning educational and networking events surrounding Licensing Expo, May 23-25, to offer a slate of business-building opportunities for attendees and exhibitors. It will also aim to encourage and enable licensing professionals to take full advantage of their time in Las Vegas with more industry events, networking opportunities, exclusive parties and invitation-only studio screenings.
“Licensing Expo has become the true hub for licensing professionals, and the number of events supporting the industry during the week of the Expo in Las Vegas has grown significantly,” says Jessica Blue, senior vice president, licensing, UBM Americas. “UBM recognizes that some participants struggle to fit everything into their schedule, so we’re excited to introduce Licensing Week to bring together those events in a full, easy-to-manage calendar that allows everyone to take part in as many of these opportunities as possible.”
Licensing Expo, sponsored by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association, will remain the centerpiece of the week. The show floor, which hosts more than 5,000 brands from all categories and countries around the world, will be open May 23-25. Some of the new exhibitors in 2017 include Auldey Toys, French Bull, Hang Ten, Line Friends, Toon Goggles and Vooz Co. Returning exhibitors include Iconix, Cartoon Network, Jenny Foster, The Joester Loria Group and Sony, among others.
Other components of Licensing Week include:
- Studio Screenings–Kicking off May 22, top brands including Mattel and NBCUniversal will host invitation-only screenings of upcoming projects.
- Licensing University–A variety of more than 25 seminars, beginning May 22 and hosted by LIMA, will be open to all attendees and exhibitors, providing insight into everything from the basics of licensing to retail strategies and extending your brand globally. The Licensing University All-Access Pass is available for $170 ($150 for LIMA members).
- Orientation Breakfast–A welcome event on May 22 to familiarize attendees and exhibitors new to Licensing Expo with the show and help set them up for success throughout the week.
- Matchmaking Service–The Matchmaking Service allows registered attendees and exhibitors to search for, connect and schedule meetings with potential licensing partners before the show begins. The service, which helped secure 2,569 meetings at the 2016 show, will be available at no cost to exhibitors and retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and sales promotion agents attending the show.
- International Buyer Program Select–New for 2017, Licensing Expo has been selected to participate in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Buyer Program Select. The program will enlist the U.S. Department of Commerce’s global network to recruit pre-screened international manufacturers and retailers from China, Mexico, Canada, South Korea and Japan to attend the show and meet with exhibitors.
- Opening Night Party–The must-attend party for the licensing industry will be held Tuesday, May 23, at the Tropicana Las Vegas to celebrate the start of Licensing Expo 2017.
- Art & Design Mixer–Exhibiting brands and agents in the art and design category can gather for drinks and eats in the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay on Wednesday, May 24.
- Agents’ Business Forum–Held Thursday, May 25, a networking event to assist attending and exhibiting brand owners in search of representation connect with licensing agents.
Additional events during Licensing Week include the Opening Keynote (free to all attendees), LIMA International Licensing Awards and the Women in Toys Breakfast. Learn more about Licensing Week at LicensingExpo.com/LicensingWeek.
Licensing Expo has connected the world’s most influential entertainment, character, fashion, art and corporate brand owners and agents with consumer goods manufacturers, licensees and retailers for more than 35 years.
Sponsored by LIMA, Licensing Expo will take place, May 23-25, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev., during Licensing Week. Complimentary registration is now available here.