Brands from multiple categories were honored at the annual London event.
EUROPE–Almost 1,400 retailers, licensors, licensees and industry executives honored the licensing industry’s top achievers at The U.K. Licensing Awards in London, Sept. 12.
Comedian and TV presenter Katherine Ryan hosted the event, which took place at The Grosvenor House Hotel, and was sponsored by Brand Licensing Europe.
Be sure to check out photographs from the annual event in the License Global Show Daily magazines at Brand Licensing Europe, taking place Oct. 10-12 at London’s Olympia.
The U.K. Licensing Awards 2017 Winners:
- The LIMA U.K. Rising Star–Grace Pantony, licensing director, Marshall Amplifiers
- Best Preschool Retailer of Licensed Products–Sainsbury’s
- Best Kids Retailer of Licensed Products–Tesco
- Best Retailer of Adult Licensed Products–Primark
- The Radar Award–Matalan
- Best Licensed Retail Execution–Disney Princess Dream Big at Tesco
- Top Retailer Award–Tesco
- Best Licensed Toys or Games Range–“PJ Masks” toy range from Flair
- Best Licensed Dress-Up or Party Range–Disney Princess dress-up from Sainsbury’s from Rubie’s
- Best Licensed Preschool Apparel (0-5 years)–Peter Rabbit collection for Mothercare from Paul Dennicci
- Best Licensed Children’s Apparel Range–Pokémon apparel for Next from Fashion U.K.
- Best Licensed Adult Apparel Range–My Little Pony collection for Primark from Bravado
- Best Licensed Written, Listening or Learning Range–Doctor Who Mr. Men books from Penguin Random House
- Best Licensed Paper Products or Stationery Range–Ladybird Books for Grown-Ups greeting cards from Danilo
- Best Licensed Giftware Range–Harry Potter giftware from Half Moon Bay
- Best Licensed Home Décor, Tableware or Housewares Range–Slush Puppie range from Fizz Creations
- Best Licensed Food or Drink Range–“Candy Crush” baking kits from Bakedin
- The Innovation Award–VW Retro special edition fridge from Gorenje
- Best Preschool Licensed Property–“Paw Patrol”
- Best Children’s or Tween Property (age group 5-12)–My Little Pony
- Best Teen or Adult Licensed Property–Pusheen
- Best Film Licensed Property–Trolls
- Best Music or Celebrity Licensed Property–Justin Bieber
- Best Sports Licensed Property–Chelsea FC
- Best Classic Licensed Property Award–Pokémon
- Best Licensed Marketing Communication Award–Trolls with Vosene Kids (agency: Lime Communications)
- The Honorary Achievement Award–Anthony Temple, managing director, Rainbow Designs and DRi Licensing