Hasbro, Random House and Hallmark join licensing program for upcoming film.
In anticipation of its upcoming film Trolls, DreamWorks Animation has added a host of licensees across categories including toys and games, publishing, arts and crafts, food and more.
"Trolls is a special movie and property with amazing characters, great storytelling, and an incredible new world to explore,” says Jim Fielding, global head, consumer products, DreamWorks. “We are very excited to bring that quality and innovation to life in products across the globe. With our strong relationships with our best-in-class partners, we are delighted to bring fans of all ages a delightful assortment of offerings this fall and into the future. We truly cannot wait to celebrate the unique and dynamic world of Trolls."
Global licensees that will support the property include:
- Hasbro–As master toy partner, Hasbro will launch a line of figures, plush, play sets, games and more.
- Random House Children’s Books–As Trolls’ core publishing licensee in the U.S., Random House will offer a multi-layered program of novels, storybooks, coloring activity and novelty starting this summer. An 11-book movie tie-in program will launch this fall.
- Hallmark–The company will introduce Trolls greeting cards, gift bags, ornaments and more.
- Franco Manufacturing–As Trolls’ lead home category licensee, Franco will launch bedding, bath, beach and more accessories for kids this fall.
- Trends International–The publishing partner will release posters, calendars, stickers and tattoos.
- H.I.S. International–The lead sportswear licensee for Trolls will bring fashion to a character-inspired assortment of key items and collections.
- Editorial Planeta–The Spanish language company will launch a collection of storybooks, novelization, activity books, sticker books and novelty items in Spain and Portugal.
- Ravensburger–The German-based company will produce a variety of 2D and 3D puzzles. Ravensburger will also release arts and crafts products including Painting by Numbers and Mandala Designer.
- Clementoni–The Pan-European licensee will launch a range of puzzles with various piece counts, sizes and features, including glitter and velvet touch finishes.
- Procos–The Pan-European company will produce party wares for children’s parties.
Additional global licensees for Trolls across all categories will be announced throughout the year.