Toei, Funimation to Fete ‘Dragon Ball’ 30th (Exclusive)
Bioworld, Just Funky, Everything Legwear and more will help celebrate the classic anime franchise’s anniversary year with apparel, stationery and more.
NORTH AMERICA–Toei Animation and Funimation have secured a number of new licensing agreements to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the popular anime franchise “Dragon Ball Z” in 2019.
New licensees include:
- China Manufacturing Direct for new collections of FigPins, a combination of enamel pins and collectible figures, based on “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Super Fighter Z.”
- Primitive Skateboarding for co-branded “Dragon Ball Z” decks, wheels, apparel, headwear, grip tape, pins, patches, wallets, drinkware and home goods.
- Just Funky for a collection of auto accessories, home décor, kitchenware, tableware, beverageware, fashion apparel, miscellaneous small item and impulse items.
- Trends International for calendars and stationery.
- Bioworld for “Dragon Ball,” “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Super Fighter Z” t-shirts, fashion tops, bottoms, jackets, skirts, dresses, headwear, bags and stationery.
- Great Eastern Entertainment for “Dragon Ball Z,” “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Super FighterZ” wallets, buttons, pins, keychains, t-shirts, wall art, body pillows and bags.
- Everything Legwear for hosiery based on “Dragon Ball Z” and “Dragon Ball Super.”
Last year, Toei also stepped up its game with the Adidas x “Dragon Ball Z”-themed sneaker collection as well as the new game “Dragon Ball FigherZ” by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
In addition o the new partners, the “Dragon Ball Z” 30th anniversary celebrations will include special advertising and fan activations. For example, Toei and Fox Sports are creating a World Cup commercial for U.S. broadcasters. Toei and Bandai will also kick off a seven-city Dragon Ball North America Tour 2018.
Finally, Toei Animation and Funimation will be actively seeking additional licensing partners at Licensing Expo 2018 for “Dragon Ball Super”- and “Dragon Ball Z”-themed merchandise in a variety of categories including sleepwear, pet accessories, bedding, health and beauty, consumables and construction.