With heritage in their DNA, admired underdog mentalities, ethos powered by otherworldly tech and a drive to push the boundaries of exploration and innovation, Reebok and “Ghostbusters” have finally joined forces in time for “paranormal season.”
Shared characteristics have been brought to life on the capsule’s first two narrative Reebok footwear designs:
- Constructed specifically for the collaboration, nods “Ghostsmasher” – the original film’s title before it was officially released as “Ghostbusters”;
- Designed with a worn aesthetic as if the shoe, uncovered today, was created for the original ‘80s film;
- Removable faux OG Pump proton pack at the heel;
- Hand-drawn “No-Ghost” logo on the tongue; and
- Protective mid-top design and ankle strap secures foot beneath soft lux leather upper.
- Inspired by the “Ghostbusters” jumper with a textile upper similar to that of the jumpsuit from the film;
- Embroidered quarter window box logo matches jumpsuit details;
- Iconic caution stripes on the heel with graphic reading “Ready to Believe You”;
- Lace aglet reads phone number to call if you’ve captured a ghost;
- Proton blaster sockliner graphic;
- Welded Ghostbusters logo at tongue; and
- Quilted collar material matches ghost-busting jumpsuits.
Sneakers from the capsule will ship in repurposed OG Pump packaging from the ‘80s. On the box, “Less talk… …more busting” is seen written over its classic Reebok logo, while “This is how it ends” nods the “Ghostbusters” vibe.
In addition to its main footwear styles, the collection will feature matching “Ghostbusters” x Reebok apparel includingshort-sleeve tees and crewneck sweaters available in black or white, as well as a limited-edition real-life full-body boiler suit simulating “Ghostbusters” jumpsuits.
The “Ghostbusters” x Reebok FW20 footwear and apparel capsule is available globally beginning Oct. 31 from Reebok.com and Rock City Kicks, among other select local retailers.
Subscribe and receive the latest news from the industry.
Join 62,000+ members. Yes, it’s completely free.