Meal kit deliver company Home Chef has teamed with Impossible Foods to offer plant-based menu items.
Customers can swap out traditional proteins for Impossible Burger as part of the service’s “customize it” option. The Impossible Burger will be offered in a 12-ounce package of ground meat and can be substituted in any recipe that calls for ground beef from cows.
"Variety and innovation have always been key parts of Home Chef," says Pat Vihtelic, chief executive officer and founder, Home Chef. "With the launch of Impossible, we are providing our customers more ways to enjoy our weekly recipes and be on the forefront of the trend towards eating more plant-based foods."
Menu items that offer Impossible Burger include:
- Basil Pesto Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps with red peppers;
- Cheese Tortellini with Spicy Pork Ragout and Parmesan 15-minute meal;
- Chipotle BBQ Cheddar Turkey Meatballs;
- French Onion-Crusted Beef Meatloaf with Peas and Peppers Oven-Ready meal;
- Hawaiian Turkey Burger with Sriracha-roasted sweet potatoes;
- Mushroom and Swiss Beef Cavatappi with Bacon and Green Onions 15-minute meal;
- Pork Tacos and Chili Lime Slaw Oven-Ready meal;
- Stroganoff Pork Meatballs with Potatoes & Peas Oven-Ready meal;
- Vietnamese Pork Meatballs in butter lettuce cups and more.
"At Impossible Foods, we've long intended to make the Impossible Burger available anywhere that food is sold, including through meal kits," says Dan Greene, senior vice president, U.S. Sales, Impossible Foods. "We're thrilled to share that the Impossible Burger is now on the Home Chef menu, so that cooks everywhere can conveniently try out new recipes with our delicious meat made from plants."